Canucks view U.S. through skewed eyes

Ongoing weapons programs, dual-use equipment which was deliberately overengineered for its stated non-weapons use to the point that it was clearly oriented towards weaponization of bacteriological weapons, nuclear weapons scientists hiding nuclear enrichment equipment buried in their yards at Saddam’s request, not to mention camel spiders.

Moore’s lies and spin in all of his movies are well-documented. Bowling for Columbine was no exception – he managed to omit key facts (such as his having to undergo a background check and five-day waiting period before “running out of the bank with his new gun”), move timeframes around to pretend that things were said within days of Columbine when they happened a year later. . . .

It’s propaganda, and not particularly intelligent propaganda either. I suppose you believe that the Protocols of the Elders of Zion were real, too.

I won’t dispute that: I never said he was completely honest, and I find debatable ‘facts’ everywhere, particularly by people in power. However, will you deny the absurdity in a bank offering a gun? Having been around gun fanatics several times, I know many support me in the feeling that the high number of guns and the ease of purchasing them are one reason why the country’s murder rate is so astronomically high. Other countries have similar problems, but since I can only really hope to help reform my own country I won’t address them here.
As for Iraq’s supposed enormous arsenal, where’s the proof? Notice how Repub’s don’t say anything about the fact that Bush lied and intentionally misinterpreted data to further his aims. Evidently there is no problem with this. Long live democracy.

No worse than banks offering toaster ovens. Bank of Boulder is in the middle of a heavy hunting area, and they came up with a nifty way of making a small fortune for themselves, not to mention getting a lot of free publicity. Hell, my father almost got one of their CDs (certificates of deposit) for me, until I told him what a ripoff it is.

Hey, let’s say you’re a bank. You have a choice: you can offer people a reasonable rate of return, which gets you as many depositors as are willing to put up with that rate; or you can offer people some nifty toy, which you offer them at an outrageously inflated full-retail price, which gets you as much free publicity as the toy warrants, plus gets you depositors who are being paid considerably less than they think – because you’re only paying a wholesale price for said toy.

What do you do?

Hey, if banks were allowed to become Corvette dealers, they’d probably pull similar deals. You deposit $500,000 for ten years at zero interest, and get a “free” Corvette out of it. What a deal! For the bank!

You mean as opposed to bedwetting liberal gun banners?

I think you misspelled “low” there at the end. Most of the “murders” in the U.S. – I’ve heard 75% – are one criminal killing another, typically over drug turf. Good riddance.

Translation: as usual, you’re just going to make some mysterious passes through the air with your hands and expect us to believe that the rabbit magically appeared in your hat.

Oh, gee, gosh, golly, how about everywhere in the media? They just pooh-pooh it, and uncritical drool-bib-wearing liberals like yourself lap up said pooh.

We’ve found sarin, dual-use equipment, and even partially-built bioweapons labs in Iraq. But of course none of that matters because Manhattan hasn’t gotten hit by a VX attack yet. Of course, what you folks conveniently omit is that it probably would have been, in time, if nothing had been done – and quite possibly will be anyway, but at least Bush stopped one risky dictator from proceeding with his plans.

Er, don’t you mean “Saddam lied”? After all, Saddam was the one who kept up the masquerade to put fear in the hearts of his neighbors, and to convince the world that he still had WMDs.

Go try robbing a bank with a water pistol, and then scream for mommy when the guard shoots you anyway. “But all I had is a water pistol!” you cry. Well, too bad, the law treats it the same either way, and with good reason.

And the plan was what exactly? Attack Manhattan with VX?

And the plan was what exactly? Attack Manhattan with VX?[/quote]
“The plan” was to continue bribing France, Russia, and the U.N. – oh, and to a smaller extent Germany, of course – through the U.N. “oil for bribes” program, until international pressure forced an end to sanctions on Iraq. After that, Saddam would have done whatever he wanted – including restarting his nuclear weapons programs, which were mothballed as much as possible rather than dismantled.

Tell me, Rasquale, did you forget all of your fifth-grade algebra during your summer vacation, or did you move on to sixth grade geometry the next year?

Or, perhaps more directly, once you learn something about, oh, let’s say manufacturing nuclear weapons, if you are prevented from working on them for ten years, do you have to start all over again? Or do you just pick up from where you left off? Say, dig up the equipment you had your friendly (or enslaved, whichever) scientist bury in his garden and go from there? Or is there some particular reason you have to start off by learning about the Bohr model of the atom again in grade-school physics class?

Well we are certainly seeing how Rascal’s much vaunted UN and the troika of Germany, France and UK are doing getting Iran to follow UN and international laws. hahaha What do you have to say about Iran Rascal? I mean if it were not so completely pathetic, these desperately degrading attempts by these three to influence Iran would almost seem comical. Almost. So there is your international law. There are your negotiations. You’ve been at this for two years. What have you accomplished? hahahahaha absolutely pathetic.

Wonder if Kofi Annan will have to resign and go to jail. Wonder if all those billions influenced his decisions regarding the US led war on Iraq. Nah! $18 million in overcharges at Halliburton is outrageous and scandalous even though there is a perfectly logical explanation for them–the US ambassador in Kuwait forced Halliburton to sign a deal supported by the local government which charged much higher prices–but all this US$21 billion skimmed off Oil for Food is what? Chump change? haha! Rascal you are so so so fun to watch and to not listen to when the real scandals break.

Good luck with Iran. We will eventually take care of that problem. Be sure and protest loudly however that negotiations “need more time.” hahaahh