Cap Marvel, Endgame & the Marvel Cinematic Universe 2019

It’s “whoever you respect most” in the MCU. It just so happened that that was who she respected most. As a storyteller I also think it’s more potent if you give the protagonist a more personal haunt as a villain instead of yet another impersonal CG robot head with tubes. Also, empowering? the SI is the villain dawg

I love the Rambeaus. I don’t know if Maria Rambeau needed to be in it, but she was an additive. She a BAMF. It’s funny you brought her up because the second time watching I legit had a conscious thought that I really liked her. It’s a well painted character.

That was meant to be a red herring, because I went in thinking Jude Law was playing Mar-Vell due to some casting news a long time ago.

1 Like

Why?!?:hushed:

To illustrate my “fun but stupid” assessment, consider the appearance of the Skrull Talos’s wife and daughter. A Skrull in a dress, and a little kid Skrull! I suppose a dress is no more inherently improbable than trousers, as long as we’re going to have humanoid aliens, but…pandering much? Reminded me of Star Trek: The Next Generation..

I doubt they’d be getting the box office they want with an R rating. Although I guess Basic Instinct didn’t do too bad.

I thought it was a skrull son? I feel like some of the aliens might’ve also worn toga-like clothing. But they’re aliens so they don’t wear clothing with our human social connotations. The lighting was really dark for those scenes.

I agree with the silly fun sentiment. I know yet more motion capture CG creatures are just gonna distract, but the skrull make ups are just a bit too rubbery for my taste.

That’s right kemosabe

Eh they were impersonating humans. The end scene where they are having dinner Tahlos is wearing sweater and shirt a la typical Dad style. Same.

Well, you also brought up back early in the thread that other characters had carried the title Captain Marvel. One of the Rambeaus did. Even led the Avengers. If they want to cover their bases and save time prsenting characters within a coherent story, this was the perfect time. They fit in to provide the necessary backgroud story Mememnto Carol has forgotten.

Moreover, only once it is brought up -by Rambeau BTW- that it was not easy for them being women in the air force. Once, mentioned passing by, to acknowldge the fact. And that´s it. No preaching. No salt on the wound.

Did anybody else notice that Maria Rambeau (the mother) was wearing a necklace that read “Monica” (i.e. her daughter’s name)? I wonder if this is some custom, or just a costuming error.

Daughter

The new Endgame trailer has dropped and it looks dumb af as per usual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcMBFSGVi1c&t=5s

1 Like

You spelled “dope af” wrong, but that’s alright.

I’d suggest people avoid it if they want to avoid spoilers. They aren’t direct but some heavily implied plot points.

Marvel releases trailer:
*instantly stops all things, watches
*copies link
*logs on forumosa, finds relevant page
*pastes link
*types more things down
*hits submit
*looks around wide eyed at everyone, bouncing on tippy toes, holding breath, biting lower lip, swaying back and forth, grasping on shorts
*someone finally responds
*gasps, breathes and:
image https://media1.tenor.com/images/1642dee434fc58765363b452bc0a9fb0/tenor.gif?itemid=7772561

image http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Extremely-Excited-Black-Man-Dance-Gif.gif

Alllllright… I see what you’re trying to do now. Can’t believe it took me that long esp considering how obvious you were being.

You little minx, you.

2 Likes

The dumbest part is definitely Black Widow practicing shooting. Apparently aliens could be stopped by a bullet :rofl:

Yeah. Like I said, I don’t pay money to be lectured. I think you’ve pretty much given us the drift line on this one.

Still don’t understand the appeal of superhero movies, so this one has now moved firmly into “watch Desperate Housewives before watching this” territory.

What are you on about?
:point_down:

Also go (re?)read my direct response to your post

You made it clear in your lecture that the whole point is a lecture, not entertainment (not the way I define entertainment).

I get that you consider the movie to be entertainment, though, which is fine. Not my cup of tea to pay to be lectured on “give girls hope because downtrodden.”

1 Like

If this

Then it’s not for you anyway, don’t get why you’re investing so much time and energy here. If I didn’t care about something I wouldn’t hover

:point_down:

They were my own thoughts.

Are you trying to start an argument for argument’s sake or do you actually have real questions? I will gladly engage with one but not tolerate the other.

Until you confirm that you’ve read my actual reply to you, we’re done here. Dude I put time and thought into that post because you seemed to circle back here a lot with a ton of things to say or ask without having even taken it in by yourself. Don’t come up to me with nonsense. Especially when I tried to communicate with you in earnest. If you are looking for trouble you’ll find it.

Then we’re done here. There are about 320 posts in this thread, and I own only a handful. That’s not hovering.

My point is made just as earnestly as yours.