Cap Marvel, Endgame & the Marvel Cinematic Universe 2019

download%20(40)

1 Like

It should obviously be called The One Two.

2 Likes

how about The Second One

Heā€™s got plenty of posts proving my point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-e5bptEFIM

I repeated thatā€™s what not makes it a feminist themed movie and listed many films with female characters that are not. But w/e you just like to get your pantries in a bunch for things not even said.

Careful, splutging can get messy (I literally had enter hand-to-hand combat with autocorrect to type that).

Is 4D another way to say that 3D movies can be unsuccessful if the theaters consistently screw up the showtimes? :thinking:

Have you done this before? I wouldnā€™t recommend it, personally. It can be distracting. I watched Logan in 4D and the seat was just throwing me around and poking me in the back all movie. I couldnā€™t see myself shelling out for that experience on a movie Iā€™m probably going to otherwise enjoy.

Wait, what?! 4D is actually a thing? :eek:

Struggling to remember the last movie I watched in a real, live movie theater. I think it was 2D Avatar. What I get I guess. :grandpa:

Itā€™s awful. The chairs move around. But Iā€™m usually too bit for the chairs they have and it kills my back.

No wonder the seats look larger and more confortableā€¦Thanks for the warning. Didnā€™t notice if the seats shook a lot and I was seated in the last row of normal seats.

They group 4d seats with regular ones where you areā€¦? We have them in separate theaters, for obvious reasons

Yes, usually one section in the back or front has them. Some are all 4d but others are mixed.

Thereā€™s 4D and Dbox. Basically the same thing but different company does them.

I got into one of the 4D seats by mistake. When I got up, I found that my body had reversed itself topologically, so that my heart was on the right side. Also, I can see the insides of peopleā€™s bodies, and now experience time in reverse.

Wow, a whole 4 minutes rant on a movie he hasnā€™t even seen.

There are many of those out there. If they complained that the movie was nonsense, had plot holes big enough to swallow galaxies, and that they fell asleep 10 minutes in, IĀ“d listen. But when most start with ā€œthose feminazisā€ā€¦I know they have not seen the movie.

It is like those antivaxers who claim they have never been sickā€¦ and their parents post that they are fully vaccinated. Or claim their 30 year old died because of childhood vaccinations. CanĀ“t change their minds, will use any argument. Roger that, move on, as Thanos would say.

The bit where he says:ā€œweā€™ve never had women who can take care of themselves in movies before!ā€ while Vasquez is blasting xenomorphs made me lol.

My beef is that such a statement, implied or explicit, is not present in the movie itself. Dunno about marketing in the US but I do not think that the statements about her powers show any of this.

Kevin Feige commented recently that Captain Marvel will not be the sole hero/problem solver (deus ex macchina) in Endgame. He explained that in the CM movie they had presented her coming out as a superhero, learning about her powers. So she may have seemed all powerfulā€¦ but she has weaknesses. These weaknesses will be revealed in Endgame, Feige explained.

In the comics, she does not generate her own energy. She redirects it, so if she does not receive enough eneergy, she grows weaker. She is a full comprehensively drawn characters, with faults and virtues, strenghts and weaknesses.

His examples of strong female protagonists were the exceptions rather than the rule. The fact that they were so rare is what made them so memorable. Often itā€™s the same directors and producers pushing to make them happen.

Some of them werenā€™t good examples at all. Itā€™s not equal representation just because a female character can fight. Take the Matrix for example, The whole purpose of Trinity is to wait and fall in love with The One.

Itā€™s more about how a character is portrayed than their abilities. A female character can be strong and capable even if she canā€™t fight her way out of everything. Same with a male character.

1 Like

Why would you click on that? Obvious skip

bart