Cap Marvel, Endgame & the Marvel Cinematic Universe 2019

Well, maybe @Andrew0409 will be right about this being a dud. If even the progressive (some would say SJW) folks at AVClub are giving it a C, that’s not a good sign…

The previews just don’t look good. And captain marvel isn’t a well known favorite character that I’m willing to let less than stellar previews to slide to watch it.

I’m kinda over the MCU as a whole, especially if RDJ and Chris Evans are about to exit stage-left. I did love Black Panther last year, but besides that I’m just burned out on CBMs.

Sorry to break it to you guys but latest news reveal Disney pushed to have this character introduced sooner out of kachin considerations. Whether their gamble will pay will be seen in the weeks to come.

Other interesting news was the major leak of whole scenes from Endgame, like Chinese style back of truck quality, but major leak. Nothing is sacred nor safe these days.

Pardon my ignorance, but “kachin”?

I actually don’t have a problem with the Captain Marvel character. I’m indifferent as to whether the film succeeds or bombs.

The sound the cash machine makes when you lower the level…

I think I have up my age.:grandpa:

1 Like

I think black panther is overrated. It’s ok, I enjoyed it and all. But I think people felt like they needed to give it high praises because it’s a black super hero.

2 Likes

I just got done with Captain Marvel and loved it. My excitement for this movie wasn’t that great because Endgame is coming soon… I was excited though. It easily exceeded my expectations by a lot.

A lot of surprises sprinkled throughout. A lot of story points I did not expect, particularly knowing what I thought I knew about the cast/story. Good stuff.

I was worried at the beginning they were going to spend a long time on the kree homeworld and boom, the movie takes a big right turn and really gets going.

The de-aging effect is amazing too. They’ve done a lot of it before in the previous movies, but this movie is Fury heavy and it was seamless.

One mid-credit and one end-credit scene for people who stay for that stuff. Mid-credit is must-watch, end-credit is cute but not necessary.

1 Like

Found it!!!

I won’t make it. I almost had an accident at the end of Captain Marvel because when the movie finished they let us out on the street, so I had to run back into the theater…around the block. 2 hours was already pushing it.

Problem is you need to wait for the movie to be out in order to use the app…

1 Like

The average reviews were a blessing in disguise. I had way more fun than I expected to with Cap Marvel.

:100: Would watch again.

This really whets your appetite for Endgame not gonna lie.

…But also, they should probably change the name for the first Captain America solo movie shouldn’t they? Since… :smirk:

Glad you liked it.

I am a fan so it would have taken little to please me. Yet, I liked the way they tied up all the details in the story. Yep, storytelling is their forte. It is nice to be taken on a ride where the route is carefully planned. I mean the detail of where Fury got the Avengers name, isn´t that cute?

I also want to watch it again to get the details, Easter eggs and such. I always have a hard time spotting those. Oh and they threw a reference to Star Trek! To the animated Star Trek!!! I almost died!

I wonder how Stan Lee’s family feels about this. No, scratch that. They’re probably laughing all the way to the bank.

1 Like

? What were you afraid of

Mmh was it one of those kree soldiers using a lightsaber-y green laser sword

Actually they completely re-did the marvel logo in his honor. And his cameo/Brie Larson’s reaction was such a nice genuine moment. You can tell even outside of money that they really did have a lot of affection and love for Stan.

1 Like

So shouldn’t they let him rest in peace? Well, I suppose he could have authorized this before his death. It sounds like something he’d do.

I’ll watch the flick for young Samuel Jackson alone.

1 Like

Doesn’t it. Stan is the ultimate fan. Difference is he also wrote a lot of them himself.

Fan fiction from beyond the grave, ha.

There was much less Coulson than I expected but def lots of Sam Jackson. And that technology, man. I keep trying to find where the CG team slips up, but nope. Pretty nuts

Polarized spherical gradient illumination facial appearance capture method

Developed by a Taiwanese dude who won an Oscar for it this year.

1 Like