Car plates

My car parking neighbor apparently has far more than 1 car.
However I do notice the car plate is always the same on all of its 3 cars, so I assume he is switching them on purpose.

I do wonder whether that is actually legal here in Taiwan, is it ?

Obviously it’s illegal and he’s doing it probably because he only has one space assigned to him. It could also be the case that yhe other cars didn’t have papers but most likely it’s the single space thing.

Maybe he’s renting or loaning out the car parking space and handing the plate to people. Or maybe whatever family member needs to use the space throws the plate on as cover.

Are you parking in a location where the plate is important?

Car dealers might have plates they can throw on multiple cars.

Resurrecting an old thread - what’s the deal with these 2 cars - both have a plate attached over the permanent plate and the red on white plates are identical. The Benz is regularly parked there.

Something related to allowing them to park there maybe?

The sign says “私人土地停車” - private land parking.
I bet it’s their private land but they were getting the car reported for “illegal” parking on “sidewalk” and they are just fed up?

Taiwan is so packed in most areas and I’ve seen a lot of those 私人土地 signs in places that looked like public space/sidewalks so maybe that’s also the case here

Thanks - I suspected that it was some sort of “parking plate”. The location is beside the 7 Eleven that is opposite the Ceramics Museum at Yingge. Satellite view suggests that there may have been a road there in the past. Interestingly, Street View shows the same two vehicles there.

Yeah, looks like a tourist hot spot so probably a lot of those narks thinking they’re doing a good job of reporting illegally parked car which is probably not the case here as the car is most likely parked on private land that only looks like “public”

On the other hand it might still be public land that someone has claimed as their parking space for long enough that they consider it’s their private spot :smiley:

3 Likes