Careful with those 1-on-1's

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,2-2007140434,00.html

Poor kid.

Yeah, I saw that story the other day. Very sad.

Be streetwise, girls. It’s difficult for people to accept that anything bad could happen to 'em on their ‘big adventure’, but foreigners can be targets for certain lowlifes.

Not attaching blame to anyone here (other than to the ‘person’ that did it), but the chains that actively recruit young, inexperienced people should be sure to offer orientation help for FOBs.

Not just foreigners are at risk. I advised Dragonbabe against taking an adult male private student a couple of times, because of safety concerns. It’s something all of us need to be aware of.

What, in any situation? That would be a tad radical, wouldn’t you say? I mean, going to a guy’s home is stupid, of course, but what’s wrong with meeting him at a busy coffee shop? She’s not a child, is she?
Grown, smart women should be making judgements and decisions themselves. Overprotecting someone might give you a nice fatherly feeling, but is ultimately unsafe for them.

He just lost it after the 3rd time trying to say ‘lip my stocking’

You should go easy on her. She might meet someone nice. Plenty of people get together that way.

You should go easy on her. She might meet someone nice. Plenty of people get together that way.[/quote]
This brings back some traumatic childhood memories, actually. As a teenager my dad wouldn’t let my teachers tutor me. He always insisted on doing it himself.
I wish he hadn’t. I might have not turned out to be the socially inapt misfit that I am today.

That was the situation in question. Many private students ask you to go to their home, for their convenience. I advise against this unless the students are female, or kids – at least for a young female teacher. And Dragonbabe gets enough requests that she’s at liberty to pick and choose.

[quote]She’s not a child, is she?
Grown, smart women should be making judgements and decisions themselves. Overprotecting someone might give you a nice fatherly feeling, but is ultimately unsafe for them.[/quote]

No need to overreact, dear. :laughing:

Extra Latin tutoring made me the woman I am today.

Easily amused.

[quote=“sandman”]http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,2-2007140434,00.html

Poor kid.[/quote]

[quote=“The Sun article”]A friend revealed that Lindsay was planning to come home next month — as she found Japanese men “creepy”.

Toby Wheeler, 30, who worked with Lindsay in Tokyo, said: “She found Japanese men weird. Some made inappropriate gestures and sexual remarks…She got increasingly upset and wanted to come home.”[/quote]
The suspect looks creepy all right. I’d have given him a wide berth.

Something tells me he doesn’t go for hirsute men with large beards. You’d probably have been quite safe.

Definitely a lunatic … just the look in his eyes …

I’m not one to judge people’s ads (that’s tmwc’s job) but this teacher scares me a little bit:

link

‘activity partner’ is rather ambiguous isn’t it. I suggest you don’t apply BFM.

He likes to work out.
I never would have guessed.

this is why i’ve said elsewhere on forumosa:

girls SHOULD NOT go up to guys’ apartments.

[quote=“theposter”]
girls SHOULD NOT go up to guys’ apartments.[/quote]

Especially mine. I have five cats. They’ve made it so filthy it’s not fit for human habitation.

What, in any situation? That would be a tad radical, wouldn’t you say? I mean, going to a guy’s home is stupid, of course, but what’s wrong with meeting him at a busy coffee shop? She’s not a child, is she?
Grown, smart women should be making judgements and decisions themselves. Overprotecting someone might give you a nice fatherly feeling, but is ultimately unsafe for them.[/quote]

[quote=“Truant”]
You should go easy on her. She might meet someone nice. Plenty of people get together that way.[/quote]

Maybe after you have learned about what I have been through (which I’d rather save for myself), you guys might not take this way.

Yes, I am an independent woman, but I still need advice, especially from someone who really cares about me and wants to protect me. There’s nothing wrong with Dragonbones suggesting something when he thinks it’s necessary; I still make the decisions on my own, but I think it’s still nice for you to have someone close enough to share the thoughts with, especially when you’re already hesitating about something.

[quote=“Dragonbabe”]Maybe after you have learned about what I have been through (which I’d rather save for myself), you guys might not take this way.

Yes, I am an independent woman, but I still need advice, especially from someone who really cares about me and wants to protect me. There’s nothing wrong with Dragonbones suggesting something when he thinks it’s necessary; I still make the decisions on my own, but I think it’s still nice for you to have someone close enough to share the thoughts with, especially when you’re already hesitating about something.[/quote]

Three cheers! :notworthy:

[quote=“theposter”]this is why i’ve said elsewhere on forumosa:

girls SHOULD NOT go up to guys’ apartments.[/quote]

Although you’re not making friends with girls, and I still can’t find you any more attractive, I can totally understand how much you care about women’s safety. What a (oh, you know that) guy you are!!

P.S. I think you’ve forgotten to start your sentence with a capital letter. ( Don’t forget there’s an ‘edit’ button! :wink: )