Carnegie's - Food & Service

Carnegie’s is a sponsor? That’s an interesting development. :ponder:[/quote]

I guess they aren’t anymore (though I do remember seeing their banner so they must of been at one time), so my bad, have at er boys. Here, I’ll even throw one in: The girlie situation on Wednesday night is so bad now compared to the old days that there were more dudes I wanted to fuck than women. And I ain’t even gay. tadata tiss![/quote]

Seriously you’ve been attending girls night for the past ten years? Have there been no true deuce loves in all that time?

I guess they aren’t anymore (though I do remember seeing their banner so they must of been at one time), so my bad, have at er boys. Here, I’ll even throw one in: The girlie situation on Wednesday night is so bad now compared to the old days that there were more dudes I wanted to fuck than women. And I ain’t even gay. tadata tiss![/quote]

Seriously you’ve been attending girls night for the past ten years? Have there been no true deuce loves in all that time?[/quote]

Yes MM, every week without a break. I haven’t been able to take a holiday for more than 6 days to keep my streak alive. :roflmao: I’ve been there thrice in the the last 7 years, each visit it takes longer to wash the stink off. Next visit should be 2016. Looking forward to it.

Seriously you’ve been attending girls night for the past ten years? Have there been no true deuce loves in all that time?[/quote]

Yes MM, every week without a break. I haven’t been able to take a holiday for more than 6 days to keep my streak alive. :roflmao: I’ve been there thrice in the the last 7 years, each visit it takes longer to wash the stink off. Next visit should be 2016. Looking forward to it.[/quote]

I hope you find a meaningful interpersonal relationship with someone other than yourself before then.

Yes MM, every week without a break. I haven’t been able to take a holiday for more than 6 days to keep my streak alive. :roflmao: I’ve been there thrice in the the last 7 years, each visit it takes longer to wash the stink off. Next visit should be 2016. Looking forward to it.[/quote]

I hope you find a meaningful interpersonal relationship with someone other than yourself before then.[/quote]

Awwwwwe! Thanks Mucha Man, you are sooooooooo sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! XOXO!

Definitely agree with this, had breakfast there (ok it was afternoon) as was hankering for a good western breakfast. Had the “big one” or whatever it’s called herself had the american (?). Both were crap. Horrible local bacon overdone to a hard ball, local sausages, I had half of plate of boiled mushrooms and a thimblefull of baked beans. Service was so-so. Will definitely not ever be back there for breakfast.

I was last there about 6 or 7 months ago. Had brunch, which I always used to look forward to when I lived in Taipei. The meal was disappointing to say the least. The bread looked and tasted like they’d got it at 7/11. We lingered over beers, which were at least tasty and cold. Had nachos later and WHOA, were they crap. Like ballpark nachos, with that fake cheese sauce doused on them, a few olives, and I swear, like 4 slices of hot pepper. 4 slices of hot pepper? Are you kidding me? For that price? Never again will I go back there to eat at Carnegies Taipei unless I hear of significant improvement on the food front. They really need to get a handle on things.

I was in most recently at a Taiwanease Happy Hour on 9th August. Had one of their Indian curries and it was lovely, as usual. The waiter was very polite, but he appeared to be a little clueless regarding the Carnegies VIP card situation. I asked him if I could renew my Carnegies VIP card from the old style to the new style (apparently mine runs out, erm, today) and he said he didn’t know how to but he’d send someone over. However this didn’t happen, and I forgot to check with someone else at the end of the night.

Anyone know if I’m fecked now with regards to getting one of the new Carnegies VIP cards?

[quote=“irishstu”]I was in most recently at a Taiwanease Happy Hour on 9th August. Had one of their Indian curries and it was lovely, as usual. The waiter was very polite, but he appeared to be a little clueless regarding the Carnegies VIP card situation. I asked him if I could renew my Carnegies VIP card from the old style to the new style (apparently mine runs out, erm, today) and he said he didn’t know how to but he’d send someone over. However this didn’t happen, and I forgot to check with someone else at the end of the night.

Anyone know if I’m fecked now with regards to getting one of the new Carnegies VIP cards?[/quote]

I’m in the same spot having racked up quite a bit over the years and not redeeming the points for at least the last three years. I remember when using the card I could get a *free meal and drinks at least once a month. I guess we aren’t VIPs anymore? :wink:

*free being spending so much that the management was embarrassed not to compensate me for adorning the premises. :laughing:

Hey everyone,

I’ve done a bit of cleaning here; I temped the posts about delivery and other things and I moved the discussion about business development at fcom and advertisers to feedback.

Let’s keep things on topic here and stick to Carnegie’s food and service, tks! :slight_smile:

I am sorry to say that the food and service at Carnegie’s (particularly brunch) have become consistently bad. A few weeks ago I had to wait for my order for more than an hour (everyone else at the table had already been served and finished eating). In the end, they served me a dish I didn’t order and then charged me the full price for it.

Yesterday decided to give the brunch another chance. After about 30 mins of waiting eggs were cold, beans runny and watery, hot tea was lukewarm. Asked for a piece of lemon in my tea and got a cup with about 10 pieces. My husband wondered - are they mad at us for something? I’m wondering the same thing.

[quote=“bryska”]I am sorry to say that the food and service at Carnegie’s (particularly brunch) have become consistently bad. A few weeks ago I had to wait for my order for more than an hour (everyone else at the table had already been served and finished eating). In the end, they served me a dish I didn’t order and then charged me the full price for it.

Yesterday decided to give the brunch another chance. After about 30 mins of waiting eggs were cold, beans runny and watery, hot tea was lukewarm. Asked for a piece of lemon in my tea and got a cup with about 10 pieces. My husband wondered - are they mad at us for something? I’m wondering the same thing.[/quote]

If you miss the old Carnegie’s service and good food, I suggest you check out Toast ( facebook.com/toastbarbistro ). Jonathan is doing good things there and he is always good at providing top notch service!

[quote=“citizen k”][quote=“bryska”]I am sorry to say that the food and service at Carnegie’s (particularly brunch) have become consistently bad. A few weeks ago I had to wait for my order for more than an hour (everyone else at the table had already been served and finished eating). In the end, they served me a dish I didn’t order and then charged me the full price for it.

Yesterday decided to give the brunch another chance. After about 30 mins of waiting eggs were cold, beans runny and watery, hot tea was lukewarm. Asked for a piece of lemon in my tea and got a cup with about 10 pieces. My husband wondered - are they mad at us for something? I’m wondering the same thing.[/quote]

If you miss the old Carnegie’s service and good food, I suggest you check out Toast ( facebook.com/toastbarbistro ). Jonathan is doing good things there and he is always good at providing top notch service![/quote]

Thought you spent time cleaning this post and asked people to stay on topic then you change the topic to Toast… And you’re a moderator? Ya whatever…

Hey they are having a hip hop night, hip-hop from 20+ years ago anyways. Get there early for the younger grannies.

I don’t like that modern music. A Dire Straits night and I’m in.

1 Like

I can’t believe this place still exists. I should try to go there now that I’m old. I might enjoy it.

1 Like

The problem is that you are not the only one who aged. Are you a gerontophile? You might want to look it up and prepare some adult diapers for the “girls”.

If people of any age want to hook up that’s cool in my book. You wouldn’t want to have John Betjeman’s regret of not having had enough sex.

Carnegie’s s closed for a short time.

I hope they remodel and make it something attractive. Like maybe break up the space and add a small bar area somewhere where people can hang out and not feel like strangers in a huge warehouse.

There’s so many pubs and things in the area with so many customers but they will not go to Carnegie’s and they don’t even capitalize on that opportunity.

Apparently they’re just repairing the air conditioning or something.

I just don’t understand.

Opening date or grand opening or something does anyone know or care?