Carnegie's - Food & Service

Hi Bob,

Long time no see, just wanna mention that I took my mom and brother to Carnegie’s for brunch a few weeks ago when they were in Taipei and they both loved it.

I guess I’ll check out tomorrow if it’s still as good as it used to be :slight_smile:

[quote=“Balazs”]Hi Bob,

Long time no see, just wanna mention that I took my mom and brother to Carnegie’s for brunch a few weeks ago when they were in Taipei and they both loved it.

I guess I’ll check out tomorrow if it’s still as good as it used to be :slight_smile:[/quote]

It has been a couple of weeks at least. Anyway, I am happy that your mother and brother enjoyed the place on their visit. If I am not around during the day (have to work the door this weekend) then you can rest assured that Olivia will look after you (today) and Rebecca (tomorrow).

Cheers,

Bob

Hi Bob, would it be possible to reserve a table or two on the terrace Sunday at 10:30AM?

:slight_smile:

jdstarving

[quote=“jdsmith”]Hi Bob, would it be possible to reserve a table or two on the terrace Sunday at 10:30AM?

jdstarving[/quote]

10:30am pint of Guinness :astonished:

[quote=“Ironman”][quote=“jdsmith”]Hi Bob, would it be possible to reserve a table or two on the terrace Sunday at 10:30AM?

jdstarving[/quote]

10:30am pint of Guinness :astonished:[/quote]

have you been talking to sandman???

[quote=“jdsmith”]Hi Bob, would it be possible to reserve a table or two on the terrace Sunday at 10:30AM?

jdstarving[/quote]

jd,

Is that a “table OR two” or a “table FOR two”? If the former, let us know how many people and we’ll work it out. If the latter, then erm…well, it’s self-explanatory, really and so I don’t have to write too much
about it as that would be a waste of time and at the end of the day rather pontless as ‘table for two’ is a pretty easy concept to grasp well at least for me anyway and indeed also for the other managers and staff who are all

pretty intelligent and diligent beings for who ‘table for two’ is not an unknown or indeed rare request and as such they are familiar with it and

:snore:

So, in short, the answer is yes. You may also call us on the number below to make reservations on the off-chance that I may not be browsing or logged on.

Cheers,

Bob

While you’re here Bob, can I have some more chips ?

Sure. Money up front though. :smiling_imp:

[quote=“TpeBob”][quote=“jdsmith”]Hi Bob, would it be possible to reserve a table or two on the terrace Sunday at 10:30AM?

jdstarving[/quote]

jd,

Is that a “table OR two” or a “table FOR two”. If the former, let us know how many people and we’ll work it out. If the latter, then erm…well, it’s self-explanatory, really and so I don’t have to write too much
about it as that would be a waste of time and at the end of the day rather pontless as ‘table for two’ is a pretty easy concept to grasp well at least for me anyway and indeed also for the other managers and staff who are all

pretty intelligent and diligent beings for who ‘table for two’ is not an unknown or indeed rare request and as such they are familiar with it and

So, in short, the answer is yes. You may also call us on the number below to make reservations on the off-chance that I may not be browsing or logged on.

Cheers,

Bob[/quote]

I would say on the safe side, two tables would be better.

Thanks
jds

[quote=“jdsmith”][quote=“TpeBob”][quote=“jdsmith”]Hi Bob, would it be possible to reserve a table or two on the terrace Sunday at 10:30AM?

jdstarving[/quote]

jd,

Is that a “table OR two” or a “table FOR two”. If the former, let us know how many people and we’ll work it out. If the latter, then erm…well, it’s self-explanatory, really and so I don’t have to write too much

Cheers,

Bob[/quote]

I would say on the safe side, two tables would be better.

Thanks
jds[/quote]

Usually we take reservations for ‘number of people’ so if you could give us an approximate idea of the number of people, then we can allocate the furniture accordingly because oddly enough, there is also the issue of chairs…space, settings etc.

Help me out here a bit…Ta.

:unamused:

Bob

Got it all worked out in PMs.

Hope to see you there Bob, thanks.

jdsmackslips

Dear Forumosans Intending to remain in Taiwan:

I just cut and pasted the following from an email sent out to our members and thought maybe some of you, still without a firm Christmas Day plan, might be interested.

[color=darkred][i]Christmas Day Buffet Lunch - Sunday 25th December
From Noon Until 5 p.m.[/color]

Following on from last year’s phenomenally well-received Christmas Day buffet, we have decided to repeat it this year. We firmly believe that the traditional Christmas Lunch should stick to the core essentials of: roast turkey, stuffing, chipolata pork sausages, roast potatoes, new potatoes, carrots, brussels sprouts, carrots, peas, cranberry sauce, gravy and the utterly delicious bread sauce and none of all these superfluous additions that make the menu look big but detract from the traditional aspects of christmas lunch or dinner. Homemade christmas pud too.

[color=red]Additionally, Christmas Day is Happy Hour all day and night [/color]which, if you are taking Boxing Day off, stands you in good stead for indulging in another great Christmas Day tradition: getting hammered.

NT800 per person

(which is sod all really for the amount of quality food you get)

(We never levy a service charge)

Reservations are strongly recommended!!!
Call us on (02) 2325 4433 to secure tables and chairs[/i]

Cheers & Merry Christmas All

Bob

I had the Christmas special lunch today. Lets just say, up to this point I have had zero Christmas spirit this year. However, the great lunch today started to put me in the mood. Loads of food and as always delicious. And a very resonable price of NT$4xx Thanks Bob! :bravo:

How many more days does the special lunch go for?

[quote=“elektronisk”]I had the Christmas special lunch today. Lets just say, up to this point I have had zero Christmas spirit this year. However, the great lunch today started to put me in the mood. Loads of food and as always delicious. And a very resonable price of NT$4xx Thanks Bob! :bravo:

How many more days does the special lunch go for?[/quote]

Elektronisk,

The Christmas Lunch Special enters its final day today. We are happy to have kick-started your Christmas spirit. The next big Christmas offering is on Christmas day (see above for details) Tomorrow night’s Christmas Eve dinner is pretty much sold out.

Stray Dog.

What would you like. Drop us a line and we can rustle up some veggie fare for you. Based on what you wish to eat, we can then quote you a price.

Cheers & Merry Christmas All

Bob

Just finished off a lovely xmas lunch at Carnegies. As always the service was fantastic, and the food… oh dear lord the food. Full beyond capacity. Totally satisfied. Shame xmas only comes once a year.

Big thanks to Bob and Olivia. Lovely.

I had the fillet again last night. Excellent! It was really good before, but after the fire (new grill) the steaks are great. It was tender and juicy with a tasty grilled flavor. The sides of mash potato (see Bob, there is no

Went along today to try something from the new lunch menu, I had the Lamb Loin which really was excellent, pass my compliments on to the chef please Bob.

I had the venison last night, and it was great! Gustav liked the bones I saved him too… Where do you get the venison from?

It’s amazing what a blood transfusion can do these days. Anyway, I’ve got a new keyboard now and I’d just like to pass on my thanks, and those of a few others who survived Greed Club III.

A big thank-you to Richard, who prepared one of the best meals I’ve ever had, and a few others have made that comment as well.

We had:

Two bottles of Duval-Leroy champagne.

1.Shredded Leek & Partridge Salad

This was a perfect starter. The partridge was succelent and tender, and the wholegrain dijon mustard (I presume?) which accompanied it was a stroke of genius as it did exactly what a starter is supposed to do: whet the palate for what is to come.

2.Wild Game Soup

Simply a very good broth, with bits of pheasant kidneys (I think) floating in it which gave it a lovely richness. I was full at this point so had a pint of Guinness and a cigar, as you do. When the cigars are coming out before the third course you know you’re going to be there until three drinking all the “cheap” champagne in the fridge.

3.Guinea Fowl with Garlic & Rosemary served with Bruschetta

This was in a cream sauce, and went perfectly with the bruschetta which I at first thought was a bit strange with the bird, but as with the venison on toast (“sur canapes”?) on the lunch menu, it’s an unusual combination which works. Again, the meat was nice and lean, which is the great thing about game. Well, one of the great things. Another great thing is nice warm gloves for the winter, but I digress.

4.Hare & Chocolate Sauce with Hare Meatballs and Petites-Pois Francais (how do you do a cedilla?)

Possibly my favourite. Never had hare before, surprised that is is completely different to rabbit. The meatballs were superb. Lovely dark sauce to go with the dark strong meat. Fantastic. At this point we opened the seventh bottle of Hermitage.

5.Pan-fired Grouse with Skirlie (porridge oats as far as I can see) and Glazed Beetroot

Another bizarre combination that worked very well. Really nice - this is what we were looking for. A load of seemingly incompatible things which when thrown together taste great.

5b. Espressos and Vodka Red Bulls all round

6.Rabbit marinated in Old Speckled Hen with Wild Mushrooms

I would like to thank Bob for going through several beers including Guinness and Chimay to see which would be best.

7.Roast Pheasant with Roast Potatos and Caramalised Endive & Apple and Three More Bottles of Hermitage

No buckshot in this one. The roast potatoE was superb. Something as simple as a roast potatoE made absolutely exquisite.

8.Orange Souffle (how do you do an acute accent?)

Obviously this fell down before coming to the table. Sheer madness to have attempted fifteen souffles unless you’ve got fifteen ovens, but the idea was right, something nice and tangy and light to finish with. Fair dues though to Richard for going with the difficult ambitious sweet. I recommend ice cream next time (!)

A bottle of Hine Cognac, 1982

A bottle of Hine Cognac, 1953

6 bottles of Piper Heidandseek champagne which was really nice and nutty and jolly bloody good.

3 bottles of Tattinger

Fantastic. And all for a shade under a hundred grand. We also got our own little roped-off area to watch the traditional Saturday night show from the comfort of our tables. Bob says he’s willing to do this sort of thing for anyone who likes this sort of thing. It’s extremely good fun.

Had a chance today with some colleagues to have lunch at Carnegie’s. Couldn’t resist the comprehensive offerings that were available.

Service was excellent, despite the fact that one dish the Osso Bucco came late (hey calfs can be frisky buggers eh). Indian Curry set lunch was quite nice. Best pappadam I’ve had so far in Taipei. Had a bite of the cheese cake and it was a pleaser to the gal who had it :slight_smile:. I think I prefer the lunch time environment compared to the weekend and evenings.

My colleagues and I enjoyed it, (it was their first time or their first time for lunch there). Will be back for the other set lunches.

Thank you Bob and your staff! :sunglasses: