Carnegies in the news

thats not a bat it’s a foot

I bat 12". :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:[/quote]

To bad your pitching to yourself :laughing: and apparently you swing and miss a lot when in a real game…super dad.

Chou[/quote]

Yes, but I strike them out every time. low and inside.

[quote=“chodofu”]I never got any out of Carnieges and I’m a handsome devil, suave gentleman, and downright good guy :sunglasses:

I have gotten plesantly smashed, had a good meal, and quite a few laughs, however, so I’m not bitter about being shunned by the la meis.

Nor do I mind if people meet there and then go off some where to fuck. Like that doesn’t happen in just every pub in the world. :unamused:

Chou[/quote]

Doesn’t it get annoying when people on forums like these go off on the sex in Taiwan, acting as if there was no sex in other parts of the world? I mean, let’s get real - it’s way easier to get laid in a pub back home in Europe or North America than in conservative little Taiwan. When a Western woman wants to fuck you, she doesn’t beat around the bush about it!

Of course beating around the bush isn’t necessarily a bad start either.

HG

[quote=“mod lang”]
Doesn’t it get annoying when people on forums like these go off on the sex in Taiwan, acting as if there was no sex in other parts of the world? I mean, let’s get real - it’s way easier to get laid in a pub back home in Europe or North America than in conservative little Taiwan. When a Western woman wants to fuck you, she doesn’t beat around the bush about it![/quote]

He siad “beat around the bush!” hehe, hehe.

Beavis

Yes, mildly annoying. But this sexual prudence/permissiveness is part of the duality of man which makes posting on forumosa so terribly exiciting and not the least bit lackLUSTer.

uh, did I just say that.

Chou

Certainly not newsworthy, but worth a comment in this here forum.

HG[/quote]

Yes, of course, HG. I just meant that I am always surprized when anyone is shocked that a certain group of females likes to try a certain group of males… as others have commented, this can be said of many places worldwide.

But the controversy regarding what many of us deem a non-isue is certainly worth commenting on… :wink:

Certainly not newsworthy, but worth a comment in this here forum.

HG[/quote]

Yes, of course, HG. I just meant that I am always surprized when anyone is shocked that a certain group of females likes to try a certain group of males… as others have commented, this can be said of many places worldwide.

But the controversy regarding what many of us deem a non-isue is certainly worth commenting on… :wink:[/quote]

And let us not get to far off topic it is not just at Carnigies where this subversive activity takes place. Boycott all pubs and keep your suspect virginity, guy’s like us are only getting drunk in them anyway.

Chou

any way moving on …who do y’all thinks behind this heinous smear campaign? a certain rotund publican at a certain sports bar has been known to harbor grudges against competitors…not that i’m suggesting he would stoop this low…

That’s weird because I was looking at the scam ad and I thought it bore a surprising resemblance to some Belgian git I’d met in a bad dream.

HG

Ah now, lets not trade one drum for another. Truth is it was you and me and all the other hound dogs in town by absorbing greedily the lust presented us from the day we landed. The creator of this latest act of revaltion itself is inconsequential.

Chou

It wouldn’t surprise me. He has resorted to cyber-shenanigans against both Carnegies and the Brass Monkey before. :unamused: :x

Anyway, I’m going to brunch at Carnegies on Sunday to show my support. :sunglasses:

point taken…um whats “revaltion” mean?

It means I can’t spell, and that is likely the reason i can’t score at Carnigies.

Chou

dont think good spelling is a prerequisite somehow…gold amex card gets far more kudos

[quote=“MiakaW”][quote=“sheknows”][quote]
I didn’t like how they promoted Taipei in general as a place for pussy. It offended me a bit.
[/quote]
Don’t be. I don’t understand why Taiwanese get all stirred up when people are telling the truth(or partially the truth). It reminds me of the Johnny Walker ad thing. I think the government decided to boycott it for one year just because the ad made fun of the bad quality of stuff made in Taiwan. Self-esteem, or self-pity?[/quote]

Don’t be?? :shock: Part of it is true but not all. Not all girls are gold-digger in Taiwan (they are everywhere in the world, esp. China, wanting to marry an American citizen so they can move to US), not all girls are slutty (compare to those in NY, LA or even some Asian countries), not all products made in TW had bad quality (stuff made in China or philippines are worth)

It would be the same if I said US is full of lazy-ass, FAT people, Australia is full of dumb-ass kiwis … etc (I am using it as examples, so don’t bash on me for it) We are in Taiwan so we should respect the people and cultures here as they would if they come to US or Australia, NZ, Japan, Korea…etc

my 2 cents ane a dime.[/quote]

What on earth are you trying to say ?

I had mine forged (in Taiwan) and it says Glod Amek. Now you know the depth of my depravity. Apparently, however, it worked on HGC (reference song game thread).

Chou

Nah nah, Hex, I got no problem with that.
:wink:

HG

Funny, I interpreted this as the act of some local man worked up about the foreign devils debouching Taiwanese women… That sentiment seems to come and go in cycles, and there’s been a strong tide of it recently.

Whether it was done up by a competitor, a local, or just someone miffed at Bob (which I would find understandable), what I do find irritating is that anyone would be dumb enough to believe it’s actually an “official” ad distributed by Carnegies and be offended by it as such. I know there were plenty of such “offendees”, since Carnegies received a plethora of nasty letters. They need to get their heads out of their collective asses - it’s obviously a hack job.

Yesterday’s UNITED DAILY NEWS, front section, page 7 or so, MONDAY, also had a half page story with photos on CArnegie’s and the entire MEAT scene re pubs. Can anyone link to that for us? It’s in Chinese, but my GF said it’s very good article. Maybe someone can translate it for us.

Winter,

We can’t link to the articles because they are in the UDN database and you have to be a subscriber to get into that. Luckily, my company subscribes .

I found two articles from Monday on the UDN site (there are no pictures, just the text) using the word “pub” to search. One had an English sub-title, “Welcome to Taiwan or welcome to sexland?” The other was about the offending “poster” and mostly was an interview with a manager from Carnegies named Rebecca. I can give you a quick summary of the content of the articles after work, when I’ve had a chance to read them properly.