Carnegie's - the "chat" thread... (Part 3)

Dear All:

Regarding your posts concerning under-staffing. Rather fortuitously, two applicants turned up yesterday and they have been hired. I am hoping that this will allow us more flexibility with regard to coping better with busy periods, particularly on Sundays when there is a greater need to cater to more specific requests. I fully appreciate that for many, Sundays is ‘down time’ and a day devoted to relaxation with family and friends and it is our intention that this qualiy time, which you have chosen to spend here is not compromised in any way by sub-standard food or service. I want you all to enjoy yourselves, pure and simple.

I hope that you will allow us some time to train the new members of the team accordingly and make some allowances for the inevitable small errors that may occur while they find their feet. FYI, they are local Taiwanese brought up in Canada which should negate any possible mistakes caused by language (the English language, that is).

Bu Lai En: We have partially taken you up on some of your breakfast suggestions as well as another regular’s suggestion of a scaled down version of ‘The Big One’ in response to a comment that it was simply too big. Vegetarian options: unfortunately, there will be no vegetarian version of the The Big One English Breakfast but everyone has been instructed to be flexible in response to special requests. We have though added a cereal option as well as a fruit and yoghurt choice. There are also two vegetarian omelettes one of which will contain an extra vegatable ingredient. One omelette has been deleted from the menu as IMO we failed to get the chicken right. The Continental breakfast can easily be altered to suit vegetarian requirements by substituting the ham and the salmon for…well, make your suggestion and we will, based on availability of ingredients make the substitution.

I hope that this goes some way to addressing your needs and concerns for which I again thank you for bringing to my attention.

Best Regards,

Bob Marshall
General Manager
Carnegie’s Taipei

I’m there on Sunday. Who’s with me? :bravo:

PS Are the new applicants easy on the eyes? Oh, and are they female? Just wondering… A friend of mine wants to know. Yeah, that’s it - a friend… :whistle:

FINALLY!!! :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

I’ll be back :slight_smile:

My mum had a vegetarian omelette last week, and it was great.

Iris

Maoman / Forumosans,

One is male and one is female. Depending on the gender of the viewer, the easiness on the eyes thing is utterly subjective. Thanks for asking though, I shall leave that judgement to you; I would hate to be accused of fancying a particular staff member (over another) and thus favouritism!

I just hope that the extra staffing indicates our will ito mprove things. Actually I am sure it will. I am also sure that by doing this, some who doubt our sincerity in striving for continual improvements, may alter their view and allow us to demonstrate that we mean to offer good, friendly and efficient service.

Also, as Sundays are getting very busy, and the balcony is a prime spot, I would recommend that reservations be made. Ordinarily, we have preferred to seat customers on the balcony on a first come first served basis but in the interests of catering to larger parties, I will allocate 40% of that area for reservations which can be taken up no later than 12.30. After that, all tables and chairs are on a fc/fs basis. This is to avoid disappointment. Incidentally, for a month or so now, there have been larger and more tables made available as the usable area of the balcony has been expanded. More chairs too without compromising personal space or comfort. The newish awning also provides an element of protection should there be a downpour (upto 15 degrees from the vertical).

All of us at Carnegie’s enjoy your coming here and we appreciate your patronage. Please continue to feel free to comment and provide suggestions, which are all noted and as is the case with the staff level issue, acted upon.

Cheers,

Bob Marshall
General Manager

Might be worth sticking a reservation phone number on here? Or just add it to your sig?

Good idea. Here it is:

b 2325 4433
email: carntpei@ms64.hinet.net[/b]

Cheers,

Bob

“a scaled down version of ‘The Big One’ in response to a comment that it was simply too big”

in the immortal words of withnail…what phucker said that??

whaddya gunna call it “the not so big one”?

mind you i must come clean and admit i’ve never finished it either (always half a saussie that won’t go)…but it’s always good to have a mountain peak left unscaled to make it worthwhile getting out of bed each morning…

[quote=“the bear”]
whaddya gunna call it “the not so big one”?

mind you I must come clean and admit I’ve never finished it either [/quote]

Erm…funnily enough…yes.

Evidently we stem from the same intellectual breeding ground.

“The Big One” is still available though.

Also, the cereal and fresh fruit additions to the brunch menu will be available in small and large sizes. Haven’t thought of any snappy names for them though but am open to suggestions.

Cheers,

Bob

Try beating it before it hatches, that’s how my mother taught me to make omelette. Once it’s a chicken the consistency is all wrong, unless you push it through the blender.

Re: Sunday. Can someone hold me a seat? I teach 'til 12:30 and it takes me a little while to get over there. Sounds like it’ll be a big one. Maomoan, Iris? (and her usual coterie), myself, and I believe Mr Pendulous is planning to be there too. What about the rest of you? Someone should invite Hexuan, so we can see if it’s true what they claim about the way he drinks.

FINALLY!!! :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

I’ll be back :slight_smile:

My mum had a vegetarian omelette last week, and it was great.

Iris[/quote]

Iris: I have just seen the final presentation for the cereal and fruit options. I think you will enjoy them. Just waiting for some extra crockery items to be delivered (so you can add as much milk/sugar/honey to these dishes as you want - to taste - rather than have us drown the cereal or overly sweeten them for you).

Also, please see my post above regarding reservations on Sundays. If you need one, just call or email us.

Cheers,

Bob

Very distressing to think there might be an influx of snotty little screaming brats, not to mention young children.

I am very much against have kids running around in pubs and if you’re going to allow that on the Lord’s Day then I would be very disappointed. We all know there is a certain kind of selfish parent who expects the world to suffer his or her offspring - fuckem, you had the kids, you fucken entertain them. Somewhere fucking else.

Hexuan, that is a very unreasonable comment. Some people feel VERY STRONGLY that there is no sweeter sound than kids enjoying themselves and that kids should be welcome everywhere.

Personally I think that these people are idiots and, unreasonable or not, pubs are places where adults gather to do adult stuff. Leave your kids at home please, and I’ll refrain from coming to your kindergarten drunk.

Hexuan, that is a very unreasonable comment. Some people feel VERY STRONGLY that there is no sweeter sound than kids enjoying themselves and that kids should be welcome everywhere.

Personally I think that these people are idiots and, unreasonable or not, pubs are places where adults gather to do adult stuff. Leave your kids at home please, and I’ll refrain from coming to your kindergarten drunk.[/quote]

Absolutely. I can’t wait to be told to stop smoking / swearing / making knob jokes by one of these psychoparents. Plenty of other places to take your unruly ill-mannered brats…

And while we’re on the subject, anybody who doesn’t like being in smoky places - STAY AT HOME !!!

Or go to Fridays by Sogo, which has gone deliciously smoke-free. Or move to Ireland, California, or any other more civilised part of the world. Or campaign for a change in the law here. Or ask your so-called friends to be a little bit considerate and respect the fact that non-smokers want to have lives too and the least you can do is wait for people to finish eating before you try and kill them.

Smoke is like little kids - you can’t stop it affecting the people around you. I won’t come to your kindy drunk if you don’t bring your kids to my boozer. And if you don’t blow your stale smoke over me I won’t piss in your hair, face or mouth. Unlike you I can keep my pleasures private.

But while smoking is permitted in pubs I see no point bitching at people for doing it if they are at least minimally considerate. It’s a free country, after all. (Isn’t it?)

Well said! :bravo:

Smoke drink and bad company are part of life in Taiwan if you dont like them leave.

I should have included bad food to my last post but this does not imply that carnegies grub is bad.

Hi there all, I’m new in town and after reading this thread I’m positively chomping at the bit to try some of that great food and booze, sounds like a lazy epicurian’s dream. Where is the place and how do I get there by MRT?

Welcome to Taipei!

The food is quite decent enough. My major complaint from a visit last Friday is that the Jack Daniel’s I had neat was most definitely watered down. The Evan Williams though was fine enough however.

To get there, you can’t by MRT. You need to walk or take a bus. You can take any Anhe bus which would include the 235, 663. You can take the buses that run up and down Dunhua South Road. That is the 275, 285, 52, 905, 902 and Dunhua Main Line bus. You get off around the Far Eastern Hotel and then walk a couple of blocks toward Anhe Road.

I think Carnegie’s a standard rest stop for Taipei folks from overseas. I suggest that you come on Wednesday night. That is another “Taipei experience” :sunglasses:

I just checked and sure enough, back there on page 8, not far from the bottom, oh maybe 10 posts ago…topebob posts his phone number. Man, this is a good site. I am sure glad Mom gave me those reading lessons…sis got the braces…

So why not give him a dingle there Ziggster…and make sure to make a reservation…HOw many of The Spiders will be joining you, what time, will you be bringing an entourage as well…that sort of thing…

Oh, and Zigg…

Welcome to Forumosa… :flowers: Its a moonage daydream…oh yeahhhh!!!

Here’s a little trick for ya.

[quote=“TpeBob”]Good idea. Here it is:

(02) 2325 4433
email: carntpei@ms64.hinet.net

Cheers,

Bob[/quote]