Carnegie's - the "chat" thread

:shock: Say what? I do not know of the manager there ever making such a comment. have you confused carnegies with the Tavern?

Chou

I agree with chodofu, it sounds like that bloke from the Tavern. And he has gone on record in TT saying so.

Raises an interesting point - actually raised in the whole Tavern thing. Which is that some of us could have quite easily jumped all over this if it wasn’t for the fact Bob is a decent chap.

HG

So what is schlegelmilch talking about?

I’ve talked to Bob about the English teacher comments made by the owner of the Tavern, and it’s clear English teachers are welcome to spend their money in Carnage. Which is of course perfectly sensible.

Yes, as long as they can get by Carnegie’s courteous bouncers.

Carnegie’s is nice on Wednesday nights, but lately they let too godammned many people in. There is no room to breath. Getting a drink means pile driving through a bunch of people.

If I go again, I’ll get there by 8, have dinner, and occupy a nice table.

We figured a new way to enjoy being drunk at Carnegies…

The proof is
here.

“you had to be there”

Well… when I’m ready to rush this Frat/Sor. I’ll give y’all a doodle… but uh… hmmmm, I think there are better ways to spend my time. Thanks for the tip.

Ben, Does your mother know about this. Here all this time I thought you were the shy horny guy type.

Chou

I thought Carnegies was more a any cock’ll do?

HG

[quote=“sheepshagger”]They have Hoegaarden Draught in Carnegie’s now. At last something decent to drink on tap. The glasses are huge.[/quote]Nope. Begged, pleaded, asked to see the menu. The waitresses never heard of it. Although it may have been hard for her to understand my screaming HO GARDEN at the top of my lungs at 1am.

BTW, we’ve complained a lot on this thread about how old the ladies are there. There are definitely young ones, too. But the sight of about 2 or 3 Tawianese ladies who could be classified as elderly really made me want to lose my dinner last night. Seeing them, and then seeing the 60 year-old foreign gentlemen trying to wiggle their good hip was really, really disturbing.

Warmonkey wrote:

You might want to read your words some time later when your head is clear. It’s pretty obnoxious stuff. :?

[quote=“Mucha (Muzha) Man”]Warmonkey wrote:

You might want to read your words some time later when your head is clear. It’s pretty obnoxious stuff. :?[/quote]You’re right.
I’ll change ‘ELDERLY’ to lower case, take off the bold, and use a word other than ‘geezers’.

Apologies. :blush:

[quote=“WarMonkey”][quote=“Mucha (Muzha) (Muzha) Man”]Warmonkey wrote:

You might want to read your words some time later when your head is clear. It’s pretty obnoxious stuff. :?[/quote]You’re right.
I’ll change ‘ELDERLY’ to lower case, take off the bold, and use a word other than ‘geezers’.

Apologies. :blush:[/quote]

Actually it’s really nice to see senior ppl having fun and clubbing like they just don’t care.

beats having to see them shit their beds cuz they can’t control bowel movement. :wink:

awrmonkey, you will get old one day. wake up, man. if you can’;t enjoy life with 60 year old men and women having fun, you are sick sick sick warmonkey. grow up. i didn’t mean that! smike

Exactly. What precisely is wrong with older people having a bit of fun? One day you will get older so how would you feel if someone chucked up their dinner because you are “elderly”? You don’t like ABC’s, you don’t like older people; seems to me you have a problem accepting people not exactly the same as you. Have a nice time next time you take your mirror out for a drink and try not to notice the other people who inhabit the earth lest they offend. Grow up.

That’s why God invented shuffleboard.

I’d feel pretty bad, until I whacked the shit out of him/her with my cane.

[quote=“Kenny McCormick”]
beats having to see them shit their beds cuz they can’t control bowel movement. :wink:[/quote]

6 beers and a bottle of tequila do that for me. :laughing:

You’re right. Geezers’ Night at Carnegie’s! I’ll suggest it to the manager.