Carnegie's - the "chat" thread

[quote=“TpeBob”]ST. PATRICK"S DAY & NIGHT - WEDNESDAY MARCH 17th

For the blokes, lest they feel discriminated against, between 7 p.m. and 9 p.m., there will be 500 pints (well, cans really) of MURPHY’S to be, wait for it…GIVEN AWAY FREE OF CHARGE. Of course, the free Murphy’s giveaway is not limited to men, anyone can have one.

500 pints in two hours!!! I’m there. After two months away from Taiwan thuis is just the sort of thing I need.

[quote=“TpeBob”]ST. PATRICK"S DAY & NIGHT - WEDNESDAY MARCH 17th

For the blokes, lest they feel discriminated against, between 7 p.m. and 9 p.m., there will be 500 pints (well, cans really) of MURPHY’S to be, wait for it…GIVEN AWAY FREE OF CHARGE. Of course, the free Murphy’s giveaway is not limited to men, anyone can have one.

[/quote]

After two months of being away from Taiwan this is just what I need!!! 500 free pints of beer in two hours :notworthy:

Carnegies is the perfect place for a Sheepshagger. :cool:

Make up for the rest of the rip offs in here

Well Pete, if you could be more specific, I would be glad to address your grievances. Frankly, such an unsubstantiated comment carries no weight and is devoid of merit.

Bob Marshall
General Manager
Carnegie’s Taipei

Please excuse me dear Moderators.

I would just like to let all your browsers and contributors know that as today is St. Patrick’s Day, Carnegie’s will have the following on offer:

7-9 p.m. FREE MURPHY’S

There was an upper limit on the free Murphy’s but that has now been lifted. However the time limit remains.

Basically, you can come down here and drink as much Murphy’s as you can for two hours.

It’s also Ladies’Night so ladies can drink REAL Champagne from 9 p.m. as well as UNLIMITED Bailey’s.

Oh, and…Murphy’s is NT$100 all day, as is Jameson’s and Bailey’s when not (see above).

There is also a free Jameson’s for anyone turning up tonight wearing green.

Slainte!

Bob

TPE Bob:

This is clearly an evil plot to lower the inhibitions of the female population, making them more susceptible to predatory males. Shame! Or to be fair to the interests of women’s libbers, it is no doubt an exercise in self-empowerment where women are using the opportunity to get men drunk and force them to take advantage of them.

“There was an upper limit on the free Murphy’s but that has now been lifted”…YIPPEE!!

just in passing…what is the world record for most murphy’s drunk in 2 hours?

Just one actually. His name was Max; drunk in two hours indeed he was to be sure. :laughing:

(Sorry Max. I’ll come down to the Brass Monkey and buy a drink, I promise)

Bob

What are you talking about? Carnegies is a fine establishment. I’ve never felt ripped off there.

What are you talking about? Carnegies is a fine establishment. I’ve never felt ripped off there.[/quote]

Old Pete’s posted before. He’s the guy who refuses to pay more than NT$11 or something for a beer.
Hey Pete, you should buy yourself a car. That way, the money you save on the cheaper petrol counteracts the pricier pints.
Or, think of the tax differences between here and wherever it is you are from, and laugh, laugh, laugh all the way to the pub. :wink:

I think Pete and Jonah are the same person.

…took me awhile to get that one bob…“just one”…wots 'e on about?

re:pete…no doubt one of those wankers who’s idea of a good night is buying 6 beers from 7/11 and then hanging round outside 99 or spin…

Pete ?
I’ve never been to Carnegies so cannot comment.

I am he

I went to Carnegie’s the other week and took a look around, felt about fifteen years younger than the rest of the people there, quickly turned around and made my way to another bar.

I felt the same way, but I managed to talk to TpeBob. He was kind enough to chat with me a little, give me some of that free Murphy’s.

Thanks for your generosity.

I felt the same way, but I managed to talk to TpeBob. He was kind enough to chat with me a little, give me some of that free Murphy’s.

Thanks for your generosity.[/quote]

Jack: You are most welcome. I don’t know how long you stayed as the place filled up rapidly but I felt that everyone had a good night and enjoyed themselves.

Grasshopper: Try again. No need to be shy about your youthfulness. We do have a minimum age of 25 and I’ll gladly explain that rationale to you if you return. I’ll even buy you a pint while doing so.

Cheers,

Bob

If you can’t get a 40 year old then get 2 twenty year olds!
The craic was good in Cricklewood!

As a Republican:

I intend to start a letter writing campaign, a petition, etc. to shut down that vile den of sin and iniquity once and for all. To further those ends, I shall conduct covert casings of the joint strictly to better arm myself with the ammunition that will be needed to bring an early demise to this blight on Taipei’s moral landscape once and for all.

Frederick P. Smith V.
Outraged and Shocked to the very core of my moral being