Carnegies to close???

Not meeeeeeeee, but I heard it was partially responsible for the decline of Combat Zone by taking foreigners away, besides the other reasons.

The Anhe road bar/strip clubs route collided with the discos at Zhongshiao at that time. :grandpa: Shida bars were hot too. Combat zone was dead way before then.

Hope it does completely soon and hence it can be borgeouized into classy apartments and stuff.

2 Likes

I was there for opening night, it was a good night.

1 Like

Combat zone was dead when I arrived in 2000. It was all about the shida area pubs then and also electronic music (rave clubs).

We started clubbing when we were too scared to sleep through the night from the aftershocks after 921. With the loud music and the stomping, you wouldn’t feel a thing…

Are you referring to the bar or the rancid “girls” asking patrons for a free drink or even a free meal?

1 Like

:raised_hand::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

Caar-nie-gies some say.

I went there to drink beer, and got jager-bombs for free.

Above is actually a hotel.

No, never had that request.

Are there really hookers at carnegies? I’ve heard a lot of weird things about the place.

hsinhai78 summed it up best. A few stragglers from the old days.

I always heard about a range of ladies frequenting the place, from foreigner groupies to semi-pros to psycho xiaojies. That’s why I never went there. Oh, and the food was mediocre.

That was the old days. Now it’s only occasionally 6 or 8 old scary retired-pros that still rustle around in the night. Hear a whisper, turn your head, YIKES. Go home, it’s ladies night, not grandma’s night.

1 Like

Ageist!

1 Like

I’m not an age-ist! They can do what they want. I’m just against old women propositioning me. What would that be called?

An unequal opportunity employer? :sunglasses:

61 posts were split to a new topic: from carnegies