Carrefour Dongxin Road french food fair

Hi folks,

I am sure some of you would be interested by the french food fair currently happening in Carrefour Dongxin Road. I have spotted and bought some items I never saw here.

• Duck confit for $450
  • Reblochon cheese at $199
  • Petit Chablis wine (very good) at $385
  • Touraine Loire Valley red (very good) at $265
  • Big Camembert at $109 !!

There were some other stuff like French biscuit and marmalade that are also interesting.

Why is their French food only fair and not good? I would have thought that as a French conglomerate, they would be able to offer some quite good stuff.

Has this been watered down, like bad table wine, for the Taiwan palate?

[quote=“urodacus”]Why is their French food only fair and not good? /quote]

Because besides pasta no locals are buying anything imported and the expat community is just too small. Even in Citysuper or Jason the choice of imported product is poor and very few fresh things. For the wines I disagree, you can find some decent stuff not too expensive in Carrefour.

Actually, can you post a location of this mysterious DongXIn Road? Is it in Taipei?

I have a hankering for reblachon.

[quote=“urodacus”]Why is their French food only fair and not good? I would have thought that as a French conglomerate, they would be able to offer some quite good stuff.

Has this been watered down, like bad table wine, for the Taiwan palate?[/quote]

:laughing:

[quote=“urodacus”]Actually, can you post a location of this mysterious DongXIn Road? Is it in Taipei?

I have a hankering for reblachon.[/quote]

plus.google.com/118052822466894 … bout?hl=en

Xie Xie Ni ah.

Tai tai lai le.