Carrefour Membership for Dummies

I am living in a supermarket-free zone of Taiwan.
Carrefour is the only choice for foreign-foods.

Unfortunately I still need my muesli in the morning…

Can anyone explain me about the membership for Carrefour in Taiwan?
There is something called “temporary membership” that allows you to go and shop in there, even if you do not have a regular membership… is it correct?
How do I say “temporary membership” in Chinese, while talking to the clerk at the entrance?

Is there any other thing I should know about it?

Where do you live? The two Carrefoure stores that I have used (Changhua and Chiayi) do not require membership.

I’ve got about sixty dozen kazillion extra membership cards. I can mail you one when I get back to Taiwan…but you should be able to just walk in, smile a lot, and get about twenty. That was my experience at the Carrefour in the Thomson Center in Sanchong. The Chinese seemed to be paying or at least filling out a lot of documentation, but they just handed me a card plus about twenty others “for my friends”. :laughing:

Now if they would get some more products I actually want to buy… :cry:

When will we get a Wal-Mart? I might fight harder for PR in that case!

[quote=“eineken”]I am living in a supermarket-free zone of Taiwan.
Carrefour is the only choice for foreign-foods.

Unfortunately I still need my muesli in the morning…

Can anyone explain me about the membership for Carrefour in Taiwan?
There is something called “temporary membership” that allows you to go and shop in there, even if you do not have a regular membership… is it correct?
How do I say “temporary membership” in Chinese, while talking to the clerk at the entrance?

Is there any other thing I should know about it?[/quote]
You don’t need membership for Carrefour, it’s just a normal Taiwanese supermarket with no foreign goods. Are you thinking of Cosco ?

Also shopped at Carrefour before without any membership card.

No, I believe Carrefour is French, actually. It took me about 15 minutes to remember enough French from high school to make my instant mashed potatoes correctly. :blush:

They have more foreign goods than the average Taiwanese supermarket, but less than, say, the Wellcome in Tienmu…