🚘 Cars | Renting a Car in Taiwan

We will be in Taipei this November and would like to ask what is the best way to rent a car. We would like to drive the whole island especially the east side, my wife is Chinese so language isn’t a problem, should we just go to a car rental place or is using the apps like Klook ok, thanks in advance for any advice and experiences

there are more or less the same.
i have used Chailease and Car Plus and in both places got good service and good cars.
compare prices and check if there are any promotions (e.g. credit card promotion etc.)

I’d definitely recommend specifically looking into the insurance aspect. Many rental cars come with quite low insurance amounts (esp. for liability) and there are many very expensive cars on the roads in Taiwan…

Booking from abroad, using a special credit, … could give you different terms in terms of liability and/or collision insurance.

Hi there. Lived in Taiwan on and off for 6 years with my last permanent departure some 12 years ago.

Will be visiting again sometime in 2023 and looking to hire a 7 seat car/ van and looking for any recommendations folks might have

Thanks

Avis has locations throughout Taiwan.

i use an avency called carplus and recieved good and professional service.

I used Chailease Auto Rental 中租租車, the service was good , clean car and have 7 seat cars (but this depends on your schedule so I advise you to make a booking a few months before you come to Taiwan)

This company has a Promotion Package

Foreigners enjoy 28% off for 1~2 days rental,
35% off for 3~5 days rental, and 40% off for 6 days or more rental

I also used Car Plus 格上租車 , service was good , and I think they have more car options

2 Likes