Cars!

I just want to make a thread about cars
What are your favourite cars? What cars do you own, or hope to own?
I like Saabs. I noticed there seemed to be a relatively large number of them around in Hsinchu. I think someone told me engineers like Saabs. Or maybe it was architects?

There are a lot of cars I’d like to own at some point. I currently daily a Ford Falcon.
But the car I’m thinking of buying - realistically - for enthusiast purposes, is this; I present to you the Suzuki Mighty Boy:
mighty boy
I think it is quite rare outside Japan. However it did get exported to Australia in modest numbers thanks to our previously large ute market

Post your shitbox here and dox yourself ITT

1 Like

This is the ultimate car.

1 Like

1 Like

image image image

1 Like

Is that yours? Looks real nice

Do they rust out like most other unibody trucks? Never seen that one before, very interesting

Can’t say I’ve researched much into them yet to be honest
They’re pretty cool though. Rust isn’t a big issue in Australia.
According to wikipedia there were a few thousand sold here, and there’s about 400 left now. The only other export market was Cyprus
There are some true abomination crimes against nature out there though…

I get the appeal, for sure. For a solid decade i had a secret crush on Ladas. I bought one as a teen setup for derby for about 100, drove it into the ground. Dad wasnt thrilled about it…love them so much.

Edit, are you in Taiwan or australia? Rust is an issue in taiwan. I would even consider buying those unibody volkswagon type things.

Current

Want

2 Likes

Update: that white ute above got purchased, wrapped in a stupid design and then written off about a week later. (not by me)

Am considering a similar model, not sure whether to go for it or not, it’s a lot of money, and I do like my old Volvo. It needs a fair bit of work though now, the old dear. Bit torn.