Cashing out Crypto - Which Bank to use?

that would be an option. I am gonna wait and see what kind of new regulations they will implement. So far, they have made suggestions. Tho I doubt, that we will be able to send money from offshore exchanges directly to a taiwanese bank in the future, if they do not have a license. Maybe the new laws will not even come into place in 2024.

Gotta wait and see, but Portugal and Germany would be an option for me to avoid taxes at all, just gotta deal with Mica and the travel rule then.

Maybe you could send crypto to transferwise, sell it for USD and then transfer it to Taiwan, but trading on an onshore platform is a no go, because you will not get the 6.7 million tax free and you gotta pay 5% on revenue + with the amount I plan to sell, I would end up somewhere in the 40% tax area. Not gonna happen.

that is correct. It is ok so far, but no clue what the new regulations will be. I was planing to use this.

Or stay in Taiwan for less than 183 days in a year (and spend the rest of the year in at least two other countries). Then AMT should not apply.

1 Like

Staying below AMT is ok. Even the 20% above AMT is ok, but I am not sure, if Crypto on off shore exchanges will be able to use AMT in the future, because they are planing to change some stuff.

So far, we were able to use the following:

Coinbase is in Singapore now

I just registered remotely using Singpass, linked it to my local bank, can send crypto and cash out remotely, everything is nice and efficient, finished in 5 mins. Need to use Singapore VPN from Taiwan for the registration part.

Also they are giving 5.05% interest on USDC and 0% tax on interest in Singapore since Coinbase is a licensed financial institution. No capital gain tax either so that makes compliance very easy for them?

1 Like