Castro: Sands Almost out of the Hour Glass?

Castro looks decidedly frail these days. Is it just about that time?

They have been saying it for years now. Four years? ago he fainted at the end of a seven-hour speech. Seven hours! I don’t know about you, but there aren’t a lot of things I can do for seven hours straight and I am more than half his age.

Yet the old revolutionista is still hanging on. Much to the chagrin of the el norte capitalistas. :wink:

Who would take over in the event of his demise–Raul, of course. Would he be any better? No, probably worse. Word is, he is more of a hard liner than big brother.

God help the Cubanas and send them a leader who’ll bring them into the 21st Century. Lord knows they could do with an end to the embargo, and that’s unlikely to happen if anyone named Castro is at the helm.

But that bring us to…Is the embargo still justified? Would lifting it now or anytime soon mean anything more than a loss of face for those in the White House? What purpose does it still serve?
Plus, People want their Cubans (cigars) at reasonable prices!

Viva Las Cubanas!

My sister in law told me last year when I was in canada that she wanted to get to Cuba soon to see it before Castro died and the Americans came in and ruined the place.

“Ruin the place? You mean like truly liberating the people?” I asked.

She didn’t quite get it. :unamused:

[quote=“Muzha Man”]My sister in law told me last year when I was in canada that she wanted to get to Cuba soon to see it before Castro died and the Americans came in and ruined the place.

She didn’t quite get it. :unamused:[/quote]

Tell her while she’s at it, she ought to hit North Korea too…but be sure and pack her own lunchbox. :laughing:

[quote=“Comrade Stalin”][quote=“Muzha Man”]My sister in law told me last year when I was in canada that she wanted to get to Cuba soon to see it before Castro died and the Americans came in and ruined the place.

Tell her while she’s at it, she ought to hit North Korea too…but be sure and pack her own lunchbox. :laughing:[/quote]

North Korea. But, like, they’re not cool there, right? I mean, just look at Kim’s haircut. :astonished:

[quote=“Muzha Man”][quote=“Comrade Stalin”][quote=“Muzha Man”]My sister in law told me last year when I was in canada that she wanted to get to Cuba soon to see it before Castro died and the Americans came in and ruined the place.

Tell her while she’s at it, she ought to hit North Korea too…but be sure and pack her own lunchbox. :laughing:[/quote]

North Korea. But, like, they’re not cool there, right? I mean, just look at Kim’s haircut. :astonished:[/quote]

Hey! Is that a racist remark??? :saywhat:

:wink: :laughing:

[quote=“Comrade Stalin”][quote=“Muzha Man”][quote=“Comrade Stalin”][quote=“Muzha Man”]My sister in law told me last year when I was in canada that she wanted to get to Cuba soon to see it before Castro died and the Americans came in and ruined the place.

North Korea. But, like, they’re not cool there, right? I mean, just look at Kim’s haircut. :astonished:[/quote]

Hey! Is that a racist remark??? :saywhat:

:wink: :laughing:[/quote]

I am entitled to two get-out-of-trouble-for-saying-racist-stuff free cards.

Did anyone notice we’ve got a Fidel emoticon?

:beatnik:

Well…he looks [i]kinda[/i] like Fidel.

[quote=“Comrade Stalin”]Did anyone notice we’ve got a Fidel emoticon?

:beatnik:

Well…he looks [i]kinda[/i] like Fidel.[/quote]

I think more Jean-Paul, less Castro.

All I’m gonna do here is urge people to read a nonbiased account of Castro’s life before wishing for his death.

Frankly, I think the guy is a hero - a genius who has put his own life on the line and stood up to a much bigger, more powerful ‘opponent’ for forty years and more, and given his people much more than some would like to acknowledge.

Whether you agree with his politics or not, I still think most people can find something to admire in the man.

That’s all - I’m not gonna get drawn into a political debate here. :sunglasses:

Hasta la victoria siempre! :wink:

Yeah yeah yeah…the same could be said for Hitler. :wanker: I’ll be glad when the son of a bitch is dead and planted 6 feet under.

If only the senators hadn’t cut him…

[quote=“Comrade Stalin”][quote=“Stray Dog”]
Frankly, I think the guy is a hero - a genius who has put his own life on the line and stood up to a much bigger, more powerful ‘opponent’…
[/quote]

Yeah yeah yeah…the same could be said for Hitler. :wanker: I’ll be glad when the son of a bitch is dead and planted 6 feet under.[/quote]

6 feet under is reserved for the baptized and respectable. I believe you mean when his remains are scattered to the four winds. Or what is the correct phrase for the disposal of the odious?

Where do you get your understanding of the man?

Well…I don’t sleep with him, if that’s what you’re getting at. But why don’t you ask yourself why Cubans have been risking their lives for 45 years to escape Cuba?

His prison camps, his oppression of artists, writers, poets, etc. His belief in an outdated, discredited ideology that keeps millions in poverty. His repressions, his suppressions, his purges, and plagues.

Why would I admire a man just because he stands up to a greater power? If that greater power, ie, the US, offers a better life, it is perverse, not praiseworthy, to defy it.

[quote=“Muzha Man”]
6 feet under is reserved for the baptized and respectable. I believe you mean when his remains are scattered to the four winds. Or what is the correct phrase for the disposal of the odious?[/quote]

I think buried under a pig sty would be more than fitting. But the pigs might object.

Well…I don’t sleep with him, if that’s what you’re getting at. But why don’t you ask yourself why Cubans have been risking their lives for 45 years to escape Cuba?[/quote]

Lookin for a smoke free environment. :smiley:

[quote=“Comrade Stalin”][quote=“Muzha Man”]
6 feet under is reserved for the baptized and respectable. I believe you mean when his remains are scattered to the four winds. Or what is the correct phrase for the disposal of the odious?[/quote]

I think buried under a pig sty would be more than fitting. But the pigs might object.[/quote]

:dance:

His prison camps, his oppression of artists, writers, poets, etc. His belief in an outdated, discredited ideology that keeps millions in poverty. His repressions, his suppressions, his purges, and plagues.

Why would I admire a man just because he stands up to a greater power? If that greater power, ie, the US, offers a better life, it is perverse, not praiseworthy, to defy it.[/quote]

I’m not gonna get into a debate about this - you can see all my arguments in his defence in the thread about Venezuela.

Enjoy your bloodlust! :wink:

Respectfully,

Sean