Cat acne

Doing a bit of looking around on the net I found my cat has acne and a quick visit to the vet confirms it to be true. It’s not a serious problem from what he tells me, (and we noticed it quickly) but could be related to the plastic bowls we feed my cats from, combined with the hot weather being breeding grounds for bacteria and all that.

Anyways, what I’m really looking for here is does anybody recommend a good medical shampoo for the little lady?

Little lady being my cat rather than the missus.

How self conscious is your cat?

I suggest you avoid teasing her about it.

Just pretend it’s no problem at all.

Sometimes these cats grow out of it once they’re out of their teens. :cactus:

Good Lord, it’s true!

(en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feline_acne)

The problem with using a shampoo is that you must make sure the cat is absolutely dry afterwards, otherwise you’ll be promoting more bacterial/fungal growth. How about trying a 50:50 mix of water and apple cider vinegar first?

RT Mart doesn’t sell it. Wellcome does. The vinegar, that is.

[quote=“Stray Dog”]The problem with using a shampoo is that you must make sure the cat is absolutely dry afterwards, otherwise you’ll be promoting more bacterial/fungal growth. How about trying a 50:50 mix of water and apple cider vinegar first?

RT Mart doesn’t sell it. Wellcome does. The vinegar, that is.[/quote]

City Super carries it too, 70 nts a bottle. A few drops in their water also help their health. Never, ever give it pure or undiluted to the cat.

[quote=“Stray Dog”]The problem with using a shampoo is that you must make sure the cat is absolutely dry afterwards, otherwise you’ll be promoting more bacterial/fungal growth. How about trying a 50:50 mix of water and apple cider vinegar first?

RT Mart doesn’t sell it. Wellcome does. The vinegar, that is.[/quote]

I’m a housecat and I know that nothing sooths my acne and makes me feel more relaxed and loved than a nice apple cider vinegar bath! Meow!!