Cat of the day (2020 edition)

my cat also has fleas too and I tried the flea collar, but unfortunately now that means when the cat is around I am itching all over.

I can’t afford the flea droplet treatment…

Problem is that with fleas you get the worms too. And collars do not solve that.

How old is kitty? Treatment is like 700 to 1000 NTD a box of 3, which means 3 months at least, maybe more if you keep premises disinfected. Summer is peak season.

kitty is almost a year old.

Right now I can’t even afford 1000nt. Rent is due in 2 days and I do not have the money. Nobody wants guitars or keyboard fixed these days.

Well our association can help you a bit with the flea/cat food issue.

Rent is tough. Gotta find a lifeline pronto.

It’s the damn coronavirus. Jobs are getting canceled left and right.

A lot of people are hurting and a lot of people can’t afford rent when they are getting furloughed. When that happens everyone gets very frugal.

1 Like

Can you get small business assistance? I think I saw funds were allocated for that.

Yep, priorities and all that jazz. OTOH taking up an instrument is helpful for stress and keeps people indoors.

I have no idea how to apply and everything with benefits in Taiwan hinges on 低收入戶. I can’t qualify because they not only look at how much money you make or have, but how much your parents make. My parents won’t provide assistance and neither will the government. Also I just do not even think I qualify for small business assistance. I’m not a lawyer either, and the lawyers here either can’t help (not their area of law) or won’t.

The standards are really high. You’d have to make something like 18,000NT or below, and not just you but your parents. My dad collects over 40K a month in pension and that automatically disqualifies me. He won’t share that wealth either (and according to filial piety he shouldn’t have to, in fact I am supposed to pay him)

At least have a look. Say, if you live in Taipei, go to Taipei City government, if in New Taipei, then maybe the district office if you live in Tamsui or Banqiao. I´ll have a look at the MOEA.

Heck, even unemployment. You are a Taiwanese anyways, even could push the case for an overseas compatriot qualification, and those have a lot of benefits.

Does not matter where you live, matters more where your HHR is. Mine is in Taichung, so I will have to go there to find out if I can even apply.

You do not register HHR just because you rent a house there. Vast vast majority of landlords will NOT let you register HHR in a rental property. If you force the issue they will likely evict you over some BS reason. Legally landlords are supposed to let you register HHR in a rental property. But since most (read: all) landlords are engaged in some sort of tax evasion, you registering will mean their taxes go up. They likely have their cousin, sons, wife, and their neighbor’s dog registered at the property you are renting, so adding you means more tax and trouble. Get HHR office involved and it means a loss of face and the landlord WILL make your life a living hell.

So right now paying rent is priority right now and unfortunately that means my cat and me will have to endure fleas because I can’t afford treatments since I have at LEAST 5 jobs canceled already. 5 jobs that would have paid well but all canceled because of the coronavirus.

In case you say “but my ARC is registered here”, you are under a different rule. HHR registration requires the property tax receipt. You do not get that unless you own the house. Rental contract does NOT work unless they are court notarized, and that costs at least a months rent to do.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Purrrfect! (Click for full pic)

2 Likes

cats are like

2 Likes

1 Like

Repost alert

I thought it was nice to see it full size (and without the CNN logo) :grin:

1 Like

I’m going to remember that one.

1 Like

I actually got it from a different source, if that makes any difference. :sunglasses:

No, it doesn’t.

1 Like

8 Likes