Cat of the Day 2022

Seems like they’ve got that really annoying domestic-cat “pay attention and give me stuff” meow nailed, too. Fun fact: apparently cats don’t make that particular sound to each other - it’s reserved only for human interactions.

1 Like

FB_IMG_1656603965841

8 Likes

9 Likes

5 Likes
8 Likes

You’re welcome… :smirk:

4 Likes

8 Likes

Spring brings feathers, blood spatters and occasional bird cadavers lying in the middle of the floor.

Summer is mystery time: a gecko tail, a limb here, something you don’t recognize as the rest of the gecko until you pull it out of the bedspread wash…

2 Likes

There’s a cat food shortage… Costco is completely out of cat food.

3 Likes

The former the latter necessitates, not

Yep, mostly chicken flavored. Check for fish based stuff, especially local or NZ/AU, not from US.

Cheapest is raw or DIY. Boiled chicken with fish or a bit of canned sardines,- not too much as it is packed with salt. No cooked bones, only raw.

My cat chews up cooked chicken bone like dog chew up cow bones. It does not faze them at all. The problem is chicken is expensive in Taiwan, and so are fish (depends on species). I am not financially secure enough to be feeding raw food to them all the time. It becomes very expensive.

Do not give cooked bones to cats. Yes, they can munch on them but inside they will turn into broken glass bits and tear them apart. You do not want the surgery bill.

I actually spent less when the dogs were eating raw. Chicken from traditional markets, with innards and stuff, is cheaper. You do not give only chicken, gotta add some veggies like squash or spinach. If you mix in a bit of kibble you can make it last a lot. And the cats will be getting more water and more nutrition, saving on vet trips.

2 Likes

It’s not like I really give it to them, it’s more like they fish it out of the trash then eats them. Cats are so smart that if they want something they will get it, even if it trashes the place in the process.

Put them in the fridge or freezer until garbage collection time.

Yes, they will get into places you wouldn’t believe.

1 Like

7 Likes

2 Likes

Chinese food?

Vietnamese.