Cat rescuer in Taichung?

Hi! I’m trying to help my friend find the perfect cat to help make his life more complete. For the obvious reasons, he does not want to buy a pet-store cat, but he’s leary about taking a cat right off the street too. He had a bad experience with a stray once. It was full of fleas and ringworm, and HE actually got ringworm from it. He doesn’t want to repeat this.

Does anyone know of a cat rescuer in Taichung? I’ve read about a bunch of them in Taipei, but it’s quite a trip to make with a new kitty if you don’t have a car.

I’m trying to find a place where he can get a neutered/spayed ex-stray or unwanted cat that’s already been given a clean bill of health and is ready to find it’s forever home. Just in case you’re concerned, he also asked what the rules for taking a cat back home to the US were before he said he was thinking about getting a cat.

Oh, and he’s asking me for help because I am the proud mommy of two rescued cats from the US, which my BF and I brought to Taiwan with us 3 years ago. He’s hoping that with our help, he can find a cat as cool as ours are.

Thanks for your help!

Karen :slight_smile:

http://www.lovedog.org.tw/

You’ll need a Chinese speaker to call, and they seem to only rescue dogs, but they should be able to help.

Good luck!