Caterham SP300r Racecar arrived in Taiwan

Long journey from UK, but at last the new Caterham SP300r has arrived in Taiwan. 0-100 kph around 2.8 seconds and 180+ MPH (not sure in KMH !!). I know,little Boys etc. but we need some excitement here.
For Petrolheads : 2.0 Ford Duratec Engine with Supercharger. 300BHP (more with push to pass button) Weighs 500kg. Lola Honeycomb Chassis.

Sweet.

… aaaaand you brought it to a 3rd would country where the national pastime is driving trucks over teenagers?

Well,got to do something to promote Motorsport in Taiwan. Maybe ,at least some of the crazy driving,will be on Racetracks instead of Public roads. If it’s exciting and fast,more people may watch,I hope. :ponder:

Can’t wait to nurse her round Penbay!

Hope its easier to drive than the R500 I used in Yunlin recently! Wet …hard work. :noway: nice white car at the start of this Video !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fN7j_HXVYiw

Bagsy the co drivers seat!

No satnav?

I don’t like the colour. And the interior sucks: no cup holders.

What WERE you thinking, man?

[quote=“urodacus”]No satnav?

I don’t like the colour. And the interior sucks: no cup holders.

What WERE you thinking, man?[/quote]
Well for Rally car Subaru…I was thinking I can get my own back on the People who let Firecrackers off and scare me to death…Payback time :stuck_out_tongue:
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=650378051643984

Nice. That will be street legal in Taiwan?!!! Seems a bit more nuts than blue colored blinkers.

Shiadoa, I see you posting up these sexy cars, promoting racing in Taiwan, having a painting booth, and talking about multiple race events… are you a sponsored racer or private retired gentleman of motorsports leisure? Just curious is all.

i’ve got the same questions as TK1!

BTW, how do taxes and customs work for something like that?
I want to bring in one of my cars from the US, but it’s halfway prepped for the track, and (though I wish I could) I don’t have any plans for driving in on the road.

I guess he’s shy, or else a Batman type with a Bruce Wayne problem. :wink:

sweet car. taiwan needs to change their stupid car laws.

:discodance: [quote=“TK1”]I guess he’s shy, or else a Batman type with a Bruce Wayne problem. :wink:[/quote]
Sorry guys…forgot about this thread !! I am just an old guy,who seems to have found himself in Taiwan. I came to Instruct in Supercars and seem to have stayed.
Trying to get things going here is difficult…just have to show the Government a benefit of some sort in Motorsport . They have invested ,themselves in Penbay circuit,so it may come.

[quote=“TK1”]Nice. That will be street legal in Taiwan?!!! Seems a bit more nuts than blue colored blinkers.

Shiadoa, I see you posting up these sexy cars, promoting racing in Taiwan, having a painting booth, and talking about multiple race events… are you a sponsored racer or private retired gentleman of motorsports leisure? Just curious is all.[/quote]
I guess I am both !! Retired, I would like but I like driving too much. :thumbsup:

Sorry guys…forgot about this thread !! I am just an old guy,who seems to have found himself in Taiwan. I came to Instruct in Supercars and seem to have stayed.
Trying to get things going here is difficult…just have to show the Government a benefit of some sort in Motorsport . They have invested ,themselves in Penbay circuit,so it may come.[/quote]

Cheers! Nice to know and a pretty cool job! “Instruct in super cars” must be said with a shit eating grin every time. Would be great if you posted up events in here, even if the response is low. Would defo help build awareness, and could spread the message to others who might be more interested. Got a bloke with a seemingly race kitted F430 in my building. It looks a bit rough so he indeed might be actually using it!

Trying to get things going here is difficult…just have to show the Government a benefit of some sort in Motorsport . They have invested ,themselves in Penbay circuit,so it may come.[/quote]

Cheers! Nice to know and a pretty cool job! “Instruct in super cars” must be said with a shit eating grin every time. Would be great if you posted up events in here, even if the response is low. Would defo help build awareness, and could spread the message to others who might be more interested. Got a bloke with a seemingly race kitted F430 in my building. It looks a bit rough so he indeed might be actually using it![/quote]
TK1…Many people think it sounds like the best job in the world ,if they love cars. Problem is, I am sitting in the wrong seat most of the time…can be scary :astonished:
We have lots of plans. For some unknown reason ,everything seems to take longer in Taiwan, to reach fruition :ponder:

Awesome! What kind of tranny is fitted on there?

For importing cars, you need to pay tax and also have it be cleared by customs. Could be pretty pricey. What car are you looking to bring? For example, a 2008 e92 BMW m3 will cost $20k USD to bring over to Taiwan, including all taxes, transport and fees. However, that car goes for double the price here. So if/when you sell it, you shouldn’t lose much in depreciation.

[quote=“ucla bruin”]Awesome! What kind of tranny is fitted on there?

For importing cars, you need to pay tax and also have it be cleared by customs. Could be pretty pricey. What car are you looking to bring? For example, a 2008 e92 BMW m3 will cost $20k USD to bring over to Taiwan, including all taxes, transport and fees. However, that car goes for double the price here. So if/when you sell it, you shouldn’t lose much in depreciation.[/quote]
It’s an issue of ARTC test. E92 M3 engine will not pass Fuel Economy test ( have a Z4M stuck unable to pass test…same engine) Have to buy an older M3 that is in Taiwan already.You are correct price double but holds pretty well.
Later cars (2009 models) WILL pass the test…we have had a few M3 2009 cars.Unfortunately they cost 45-50k plus( USD). You could not get a 2008 E92 M3 for 20k usd including costs to Taiwan I am afraid. If you pay 15k USD the “eventual cost” here would be around 27k usd. even a 2003 would be more than your estimate I think !
Great cars.
Transmission on Caterham is a Hewland 6 speed sequential (90% sure)!
Subaru Rally car is a Hewland 6 speed Dog box with magnesium casing. Glad I didn’t buy it new from Prodrive, at 100,000 USD in 1996 !! :loco:

You’re absolutely right. I was this close of bringing my 08 e92 through a friend of mine that has some connection here of getting anything cleared. Don’t ask me details because I don’t know either :slight_smile:

Miss driving a stick and miss tracking :confused:

Here he is last Halloween (yes it’s a boy).

Still trying to promote Motorsport in Taiwan. We had a new Showroom opening in Taichung this Saturday . Also announced the purchase of 22 R300 racecars to be used next year in Taiwan. link with pics of some old guy in a Racesuit poncing about…apologies. :blush:
https://www.facebook.com/CaterhamTaiwan?fref=ts