Caught Shoplifting

Taiwan is much more serious about theft than any western country. I’ve run panicked back into shops or eateries after forgetting to pay. I’m pretty ADD, so I’m terrified of getting accused of shoplifting after forgetting to pay some day.

Hello everyone I received a court summons.

Zionks! What’s the gist of it?

The date and location which I must appear…

How was court @meia

1 Like

Yeah, let us know.

I hope everyone can learn out of this: Do not trust police and do not sign any papers admitting anything. Meia did double bad for 1st stealing and after this for legally hurting herself.
If the Court summon her probably it was the prosecutor´s office to hear about the case and after this they will decide if to prosecute or not, for which I believe that she will be charged or otherwise she would not have been called out. The normal thing is that if the store owner does not press charges no one else does, so I am wondering who is filing charges, unless the paper she signed does not stop the shop owner from pressing charges… which means she signed a terrible deal on that paper.
Anyways Meia, there are much better places out of Taiwan. Do not worry and accept calmly things as the come. In time this situation will be worthless to you.