Caught someone 'kidnapping' our cat

Talking about my home-spot in Taiwan, not NZ. They have a rather unique set of avi-fauna, which needs more care. How do you get rid of 20 million possums, anyway?

Are pets chipped in Taiwan? This would get your pet back quickly if it is brought to a shelter in my home country.

CO₂-actuated traps

Well, this explains so much.

They used to use cyanide, which had the added benefit of free amyl nitrate in tramping huts in the mountains in case anyone accidentally ingested the cyanide. Now they mostly use 1080 poison.

In theory, if your pet is not chipped, they fine you several thousand NTD. If you abandon your dog, and it is chipped, they fine you and give the dog back to you -this last part I am not fond of. Which is why many people carve or pay a vet to extract the chip when they want to get rid of the dog.

Faith in humanity I have little. As the recent joke goes, now I understand why the Grinch moved away to live with his dog.

why is taiwanese pet education so ass backwards? black dogs are baaadddd, 2 dogs can’t live together because superstitions ect. these are very mockable offences.
i think if i ever get married its going to be hard for me not to do a serious belitting everytime i hear some chinese superstition nonsense.

I’ve never heard this. I have two dogs.

mate… apple daily dat shit. taiwanese like to think they are worlds no.1 dog lovers, its not the reality i see.

my gf went on holiday and their dog couldn’t stay with another family member who already has a dog because of the ‘2 dogs cant live together bad fengshui’ rule. so i had to look after the little terror instead.

Yep, they say it is unlucky. Had it said to me several times a day when I walked Toto (QdDg/RIP) and Bobby together.

??? Why does the name sound like death or bad luck or something? If it’s a problem, just go grab a third stray down the road and bring it along for three dogs.

So strange. I’m glad I didn’t take my dogs to Malaysia though, they hate dogs here. Like hate them. People openly joke about wanting kill dogs with their cars because they get in their way. And Muslims think dogs are dirty creatures. Plus they are too old and can’t see well anymore. Hard to adapt to knew environment.

i’m not sure why, its a bunch of chinese bollocks. dogs are pack animals, doesn’t take a genius to think about that does it.

Two dogs makes the character for cry.

Wait. What? You had a dog named Toto???

I’ve never known a collar to fall off unless a human was involved.

Id be careful.

1 Like

My precious.

Miss him a lotta.

4 Likes