CB Radio in Tawan Yes or No?

Time for a definitive answer. People say it isn’t legal but it’s right here in the official band plan document.

There is also a Taiwanese CB Radio group but they don’t respond to English questions.
Can someone pop over there, have a Chinese discussion and get the straight dope?

Thanks

First off, the link to the official frequency allocation table is from 2005, and from the NCC website. Here is the most updated one from the source: https://www.motc.gov.tw/websitedowndoc?file=post/201702221012200.doc&filedisplay=Table%2Bof%2Bradio%2Bfrequency%2Ballocation.doc

Legal or not, who cares? The NCC regulates the airwaves (not the MOTC), but they don’t enforce anything. So if you want to work work on 27.555, just do it. Most CBers moved to VHF/UHF anyway, because getting a ticket for 2m/70cm is easy. Together with taxis, truckers, betel nut ladies, tour buses and everyone else with a stick on their car they made those two bands into a zoo. Sad but true.

Breaker 1-9. Yes, I’m old enough to remember this. My 10-20 at the time made avoiding this song impossible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd5ZLJWQmss

1 Like

Hey Dutch Duke,
Thanks for the updated chart.

“Just do it”. I wish it were that simple. I spoke to a few foreigners over the years that tried just that. But, because they were foreigners, even foreigners that spoke great Chinese, they were kind of told by the people on the band and some authorities to kind of stop.
One guy went so far as to get his ham ticket and found himself trying to an impossible fight to reclaim the 2 meter band.
Dutch Duke could you be “Deutsche” Duke, 3 of 9, nine being the number for foreign non Japanese foreigners who managed to get the ham. Ticket? He was the guy I was talking to back then.
If we can legally or just talk on the radio without being bothered and better yet interact with locals, I’ll go look for a transceiver.
I failed to renew my home countries ham license so I am now a civilian. I tried studyign for the Taiwanese test but… they go so far as to spell everything out in Chinese and do not use any international symbols.
That kind of makes memorization kind of hard.