CBRA Experience?

Anyone have any recent experience applying for a child’s US passport in Taiwan? I have about 2 weeks after the birth of my son to apply for the CBRA, but I’m not sure if it’s wise to take him out and about at such a young age. If I don’t do it after birth, I’ll have to wait about a year.

I’m not sure what the doctor would say, but your Taiwanese family will have conniptions which could continue manifesting decades later, if that’s a concern.

lol, I had to google what that means and yeah I’m sure you’re right.

I did it. I found a guy who told me just to lay him on the floor and take the pic myself. A Kodak shop. They edited it. This worked for both Canadian and Taiwanese passports

Yeah, I think taking the passport pic should be ok, usually the infant’s eyes are opened after a few days right?
I’ll also have to take the baby and possibly mom to AIT, but like Tempogain says, the other side of the family might be ticked off.

But the process should be fairly straight forward right? Just follow the steps on the AIT website and expect the passport within a month.

Oh I misunderstood that you wanted to leave the country.

sorry, I meant that I only have 2 weeks in Taiwan for the birth. But my wife and newborn will stay in Taiwan for at least 10 more months before flying out.
I was hoping to take care of the CBRA process this time so I don’t have to come back to do it. But if its no rush, I’ll probably just fly back to Taiwan for a week to do it.

Right, we had a trip planned to Canada so they had to agree