CÉ LA VI Taipei Lounge Bar with 48th Floor View

I’ve assumed it was a conscious choice to steer the pronunciation while keeping the scheme of 2-2-2 letters:

Don’t know how much of this is true (used as a cautionary tale about doing biz in Indonesia): They thought they had secured the international rights to the Ku De Ta brand but in one version they were conned and lost again when the real owners sued them.

1 Like

I had the (wrong) impression the Ku De Ta in Singapore Marina Bay Sands was the same brand as Ku De Ta in Bali. And kind of thought the same (wrong) thing about Bangkok.

That makes sense. Darn it, the simplest answer is usually the right one. There should be a theory about that.

Je suis un rockstar.

Unrelated perhaps but a lot of black Americans like France and possibly because of the French involvement with Africa

France is kinda hip with the hip hop crowd
As a result a lot of black Americans were named with French sounding names but the spelling is non French although the pronunciation is

Such as Antwon Jones
Etc

I had a friend’s friend that knew a manager of some sorts and we went during the soft opening. Compared to the very few clubs I have been to in Taipei, my first thought was, damn this place is big.

We had a table that was in the same area as @overnightoats666 and it was pretty amazing since we were there on a clear night. The area we sat in had its own heat vent and I assume during the summer, it’s own ac vent.

Overall, the venue was pretty amazing, but we had some drama within the group, so my evening was a bit ruined.

Go for the view, stay for the drama. Hope the drama part isn’t mandatory.

Drama is always mandatory when you go to these kinds of places. Friend’s friend got super super drunk during pre-game, blacked out on the way to Nanshan and…the rest is history.

Looks awesome, I really liked the Ce La Vie in HK and Singapore so very keen to check out the Taipei one soon

I had to deal with similar outside the 7-Eleven a couple of days ago. The Tsintgaos were on special offer and Canadian Josh overdid it a tad. Anyway, he got in a row with some saffer and things got very messy.

One of these CLV bars is in St Tropez so I think it’s pretty obvious that the spelling is intentional.

Obvious isn’t interesting. Why is interesting.

Why not required, simply because they CAN.

Interesting. Same activities as talking bars for men where girls play games and laugh for drinks. Compensated date after is frequently an option.

“Welcoming and friendly” hahahahaha

Screenshot_20191010-195542_Facebook

A few reasons:

1. First, and most importantly, it’s easier to legally protect a trademark if it uses unique, non-standard spelling
  2. It’s easier to pronounce for people who aren’t familiar with the vagaries of French spelling
  3. It’s visually more symmetrical
2 Likes