CEL at vehicle inspection?

Do they care?

I’d guess the private inspection centres usually won’t, but I’m not so sure about the Govmint ones.

Never arisen before because I’ve never had a vehicle that was capable of generating one.

No idea if they care about it in Taiwan. Can you disconnect it easily? The center I use is generally not busy so I drive in, leave the car running and they drive through the steps, never seen them turn the ignition off to check dash lights. Alternatively, will disconnecting the battery temporarily reset it?

It displays continuously. Code 80 Insufficient EGR flow. I’ve cleaned the EGR circuit (which was coked solid) and disconnected the battery overnight. Same-same.

Stand-alone tests on the EGR valve (which was whisle-clean, since the coked-up plumbing would stop muck getting to it) seem OK.

I’m not keen on testing any live connections to the computer, but I suppose I might have to.

I’d guess other sensors might be involved but I’ll have to research that.

2 suggestions to get through inspection, as that appears to be the short term goal

1. Do nothing and see if it’s a problem, few hundred NT gamble
  2. Disconnect/remove the light bulb for it in the dash.

I’ll probably try 1.

Havn’t researched 2 yet, but I’d guess its the sort of thing they won’t make very easy. I think the light “normally” comes on and then goes out, which would be tricky to fake.

Just leave the car running when you get to the test center, I’ve never seen them restart mine so if the light was disabled no one would be able tell there was an issue.

You can get time delay lights, not technically very difficult and they’re usually used to fake airbags working properly but I don’t think you need to go to the bother.