Cement cleaner (slippery surface)

We have a courtyard that has, over winter and with much rain, become quite slippery… a thin layer of moss or moss related slime.

Any tips on how to clean and with what… household detergent? Bleach? I know it will need a damn good scrubbing…

You could try shopping B&Q for something appropriate. Theres some stuff that makes an orange gritty paste when you add a little water to it. Then you brush it into the surface with a stiff brush. lots of scrubbing. Rinse it clean and see if you can find muriatic acid as well. Mix 1/10 with water, adding the water first. wear goggles, it’s acid. wash it down again with the acid mix. Hope this helps…

thanks… i am sick of b and qs half assed service and semmingly stupid staff.

will try those things mentioned

[quote=“AWOL”]thanks… i am sick of b and qs half assed service and semmingly stupid staff.

will try those things mentioned[/quote]

Oh boy do I hear you. The Xindian branch is awful. They screwed up my paint order everytime I went. They had to redo every single batch. And it doesn’t fill me with comfidence when the guy making my paint is following a manual.

“No, that is not even close to the green I want. Look at this sample. Look at the paint you made. Do they look the same shade?”

[quote=“Muzha Man”][quote=“AWOL”]thanks… i am sick of b and qs half assed service and semmingly stupid staff.

will try those things mentioned[/quote]

Oh boy do I hear you. The Xindian branch is awful. They screwed up my paint order everytime I went. They had to redo every single batch. And it doesn’t fill me with comfidence when the guy making my paint is following a manual.

“No, that is not even close to the green I want. Look at this sample. Look at the paint you made. Do they look the same shade?”[/quote]

knowing taiwan he probably hates the dpp and has difficultiy mixing such a colour.

Yeah, b&q sucks. If you couldn’t find it on the shelves or tell them exactly what you wanted in chinese they would stare at you, dumfounded, promise to find someone to help you and just keep you hangin. At least there you could probably find a good stiff brush for the scrubbin’. Make a super detergent with the stuff you find under your sink!

Maybe a janitorial supply warehouse? I don’t know where to find one either.