Censorship on Tealit?

I am trying to understand if there is some kind of censorship on Tealit.

I posted a personal ad including photo on Tealit under “Men Seeking Women” with “15 days” selected. What happens is that the ad is online for one or two days (without the photo appearing) and then the ad disappears. I tried it twice, same result both times. I sent an email to Tealit asking why this happened, and got no response.

I am fairly certain that nothing in the ad or photo could be construed as offensive. I read their Terms and Conditions and do not see that I am violating them in any way.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? If so, how did you resolve the situation?

And if not, then now you know, it has happened to one person at least (me).

I don’t know of anyone who has ever successfully resolved any situation with Tealit.

[quote=“usrabbit”]I am trying to understand if there is some kind of censorship on Tealit.

I posted a personal ad including photo on Tealit under “Men Seeking Women” with “15 days” selected. What happens is that the ad is online for one or two days (without the photo appearing) and then the ad disappears. I tried it twice, same result both times. I sent an email to Tealit asking why this happened, and got no response.

I am fairly certain that nothing in the ad or photo could be construed as offensive. I read their Terms and Conditions and do not see that I am violating them in any way.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? If so, how did you resolve the situation?

And if not, then now you know, it has happened to one person at least (me).[/quote]

Censorship and Tealit are synonymous :2cents: .

I got banned for posting my granny’s tao fangs for rent. They tried to milk me for cash saying I was an agent or something like that. Anyways, they use to be pretty good, but they suck now.

(OP here.) Thanks for the various responses.

[quote=“Whole Lotta Lotta”]
Censorship and Tealit are synonymous.[/quote]

I used online classifieds in Beijing and never had this problem. Strange to think that Taiwan is less free than the Mainland.

My ad is actually online now, but without the photo I submitted. I can only guess that they censored the photo because I’m just way too handsome.

[quote=“usrabbit”](OP here.) Thanks for the various responses.

I used online classifieds in Beijing and never had this problem. Strange to think that Taiwan is less free than the Mainland.[/quote]

Don’t mistake the workings of one small website with the attitude of a whole nation. Down that path idiocy lies.

I’ve given up posting animals for adoption as they always got removed almost immediately with not even a hint as to why.

[quote=“StuartCa”][quote=“usrabbit”]

I used online classifieds in Beijing and never had this problem. Strange to think that Taiwan is less free than the Mainland.[/quote]

Don’t mistake the workings of one small website with the attitude of a whole nation. Down that path idiocy lies.[/quote]

Since you know more about the whole nation than I do, it would be more constructive if you would cite a website with unencumbered classifieds in English (preferably classifieds in general, not just personals). Thanks in advance.

[quote=“us rabbit”]
I posted a personal ad including photo on Tealit under “Men Seeking Women” .[/quote]

Did you used “US Rabbit” as poster name in relation the the above post? Eh - got it?
If I would be a 45 YO Tealit admin having a 20 YO daughter keen on Foreigners - I’d let "disappear’ the post maybe also :laughing:

Sorry to hear they censor…

[quote=“usrabbit”][quote=“StuartCa”][quote=“usrabbit”]

Don’t mistake the workings of one small website with the attitude of a whole nation. Down that path idiocy lies.[/quote]

Since you know more about the whole nation than I do, it would be more constructive if you would cite a website with unencumbered classifieds in English (preferably classifieds in general, not just personals). Thanks in advance.[/quote]

And it would be better if you considered that it’s not this country that censors things but the owners of the website.

[quote=“StuartCa”][quote=“usrabbit”][quote=“StuartCa”][quote=“usrabbit”]

Since you know more about the whole nation than I do, it would be more constructive if you would cite a website with unencumbered classifieds in English (preferably classifieds in general, not just personals). Thanks in advance.[/quote]

And it would be better if you considered that it’s not this country that censors things but the owners of the website.[/quote]
Plus, its an um… American website, hosted in America and administered from there, by Americans. Goddamn them censoring Americans! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

[quote=“Whole Lotta Lotta”][quote=“usrabbit”]I am trying to understand if there is some kind of censorship on Tealit.

And if not, then now you know, it has happened to one person at least (me).[/quote]

Censorship and Tealit are synonymous :2cents: .[/quote]

Tealit has never censored me (unlike Forumosa or Taiwanease). And it got me some pussy a few times in my youth (many many years ago) during my single days! :laughing: Sorry, I think there are too many whiners on here when it comes to TEALIT :laughing: :laughing:

[quote=“StuartCa”][quote=“usrabbit”][quote=“StuartCa”]

And it would be better if you considered that it’s not this country that censors things but the owners of the website.[/quote]

You’re repeating yourself. Since you refuse to offer any constructive suggestion as requested, I hope you don’t mind if your reputation as a valuable source of information about the country goes down a notch.

[quote=“usrabbit”][quote=“StuartCa”][quote=“usrabbit”][quote=“StuartCa”]

You’re repeating yourself. Since you refuse to offer any constructive suggestion as requested, I hope you don’t mind if your reputation as a valuable source of information about the country goes down a notch.[/quote]

I never said i knew about such sites, I never claimed to I just advised you, quite politely , not to blame the country but look at the owners of the site. But it sounds like you’re on some kind of conspiracy kick so I’ll leave it at that.

[quote=“StuartCa”][quote=“usrabbit”][quote=“StuartCa”][quote=“usrabbit”][quote=“StuartCa”]

You’re repeating yourself. Since you refuse to offer any constructive suggestion as requested, I hope you don’t mind if your reputation as a valuable source of information about the country goes down a notch.[/quote]

I never said i knew about such sites, I never claimed to I just advised you, quite politely , not to blame the country but look at the owners of the site. But it sounds like you’re on some kind of conspiracy kick so I’ll leave it at that.[/quote]

Well, you claim to be in a position to advise others about the issues of the country, while not knowing enough about it to offer any constructive suggestion regarding the topic. Not only that, but your claim of politeness while using the word “idiocy” is of questionable sincerity at best.

For the record, I never accused the country of censorship. I was just observing that, within a limited context, I experienced being more restricted in one place than I did in another. That much is factual. The words I used, “strange to think…” is different from saying, “I hereby claim that…”, in fact it suggests that the opposite of the given assertion has more merit (like, “strange to think that a Kenyan can get elected president of the US”). I’d rather believe that there exist unencumbered classifieds here, but if there are not, then there’s nothing wrong in pointing out the strangeness of it. But I’m not here to teach English, or deep-end on people’s “hot button issues” (real or imagined), so, as you say, may as well leave it at that.

Since the consensus seems to be that the Tealit problems I noticed are typical, and nobody knows of any alternative sites for classifieds (general, not just personals), then there’s no point in further discussion (unless people want to pursue a group-grope around their hot-button issues or whatever).

Thanks to those who provided information on my inquiry.

Try posting your classifieds here.

[quote=“Stewart Pendous”]

Try posting your classifieds here.[/quote]

Thanks.

I agree that too many people are critical of Tealit when there is no need. It has been a useful site for many people living in Taiwan over the years, and has a good amount of posts and users. Although, it’s a little more competitive now with newer, more user friendly sites popping up like Taiwanted, Taiwanease, and Taiwan Deal. The more the better though. Anything that makes life in Taiwan easier and more comfortable for English speakers is a blessing! :slight_smile:

Thanks for your comments. However, my point wasn’t to criticize Tealit, just to point out (factually) that they censored my personal ad for no reason, that this is an inconvenience to me, and I would prefer a service that doesn’t pose this inconvenience. As you say, things are competitive, so why Tealit would engage in behaviors that would alienate subscribers is a question only their management can answer. Meanwhile, I’m content to use their competition.

Fair point. I can see why that would be annoying. It does always seem like a trial to post on Tealit these days. Not sure why though, and it’s not easy to get a personal response form anyone when you email them.