Censorship

i thought this was a forum for expatriots so they can inform each other about the things going down in Taiwan. i have posted information about people here who work against the international foregn community why have my posts been deleted
i cant beleive posts which can help protect foregners here have been removed by the idiot moderator here and on other foregn boards what is wrong with you people?

this message board is free for everyone to use so why areyou making me a victim?

[quote=“reveal”]so why areyou making me a victim?[/quote]your turn in the barrel?

Try reading the rules before posting. :unamused:

It’s in the rules, go read them.

Haven’t you Fought this battle before?

[quote=“reveal”]i can’t beleive posts which can help protect foregners here have been removed by the idiot moderator here and on other foregn boards what is wrong with you people?[/quote]Perhaps you are confusing Forumosa with another site. It does not appear that you have posted here before.

The member info from your post above:

[quote]reveal
Ink Still Wet in Passport

[quote=“reveal”]i thought this was a forum for expatriots so they can inform each other about the things going down in Taiwan. i have posted information about people here who work against the international foregn community why have my posts been deleted
i can’t beleive posts which can help protect foregners here have been removed by the idiot moderator here and on other foregn boards what is wrong with you people?

this message board is free for everyone to use so why areyou making me a victim?[/quote]
I suspended your account yesterday for breaking a number of rules:

Revealing the identity of a Forumosan (Outing)
The same post written in over a dozen different forums (Spam)
Threats of violence (Personal Attacks; Disruption And Inappropriate Postings)
Re-registering despite being suspended (Smurfing)

There is even a rule on correct punctuation, which I won’t even get into now.

While you are correct that Forumosa is free of charge, it is not for everyone. There are rules of conduct - and if you choose not to follow those rules, you will not be permited to use the forums.

If you would like to talk about this, you can reach me at 0952 948975

gus.
Founder/Co-admin

[quote=“reveal”]i thought this was a forum for expatriots so they can inform each other about the things going down in Taiwan. i have posted information about people here who work against the international foregn community why have my posts been deleted
i can’t beleive posts which can help protect foregners here have been removed by the idiot moderator here and on other foregn boards what is wrong with you people?

this message board is free for everyone to use so why areyou making me a victim?[/quote]
What the fuck are you talking about? These people are working FOR the foreign community to get of the scumsucking druggie trash that give the rest of us a bad name.
It’s human detritus like YOU that are working against the foreign community.

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“reveal”]i thought this was a forum for expatriots so they can inform each other about the things going down in Taiwan. i have posted information about people here who work against the international foregn community why have my posts been deleted

What the fuck are you talking about? These people are working FOR the foreign community to get of the scumsucking druggie trash that give the rest of us a bad name.
It’s human detritus like YOU that are working against the foreign community.[/quote]

And people say I’M being mean! lol

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

I’ve read your posts, including those from your various smurf identities. It seems clear you either cannot or will not abide by the rules of this site. Even in your feedback, you resort to an attack on the moderators here.

I agree with Sandman and Goose Egg:

1. You neither work for nor represent “expatriates” or the “international foreign community” as a whole (note corrected spelling of those words). You seem to be pandering to a law breaking minority of foreigners that give us all a bad name.

2. There is no place in this online community for poster who cannot abide by its rules.

Goodbye reveal.

[quote=“Toasty”]

1. There is no place in this online community for poster who cannot abide by its rules.

Goodbye reveal.[/quote]It’s too bad even some of the moderators on this site seem incapable of that.

[quote=“Matchstick_man”][quote=“Toasty”]

1. There is no place in this online community for poster who cannot abide by its rules.

Goodbye reveal.[/quote]It’s too bad even some of the moderators on this site seem incapable of that.[/quote]
You’re going OT, but if you have valid concerns, perhaps you should specify them?

Goodbye reveal.[/quote]It’s too bad even some of the moderators on this site seem incapable of that.[/quote]

I’m not perfect, by any means. However, I think I mostly post within the rules. The fact that I am a moderator here says nothing more than I am someone who has stepped forward and volunteered to help out the community. If I break rules here, I do so unintentionally, unlike reveal/fought and his various other past smurf identities. You likely did not see the posts this cretin made (threats of violence, outings, smurfing and so forth), so you have no idea what we are referring to in our posts on the subject. If you have a point to your attack on me (and I doubt you do), please get to it.

Edit: Matchstick man informed me that he did not intend his quoting of a section of my post to mean that his criticism was in any way directed at me. Sorry for the confusion, Matchstick man. :blush:

Excellent feedback there Matchstick_man. Really helps the mods.
Which mods are you referring to? Which rules? Backed with links, of course. Help us to help you and all that.

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“Matchstick_man”][quote=“Toasty”]

Which mods are you referring to? Which rules? Backed with links, of course. Help us to help you and all that.[/quote]

My money is on me.

[quote=“jdsmith”][quote=“sandman”][quote=“Matchstick_man”][quote=“Toasty”]

Which mods are you referring to? Which rules? Backed with links, of course. Help us to help you and all that.[/quote]

My money is on me.[/quote]
Why? He mentioned rule-breaking. Nothing about being an idiot.

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“jdsmith”][quote=“sandman”][quote=“Matchstick_man”][quote=“Toasty”]

My money is on me.[/quote]
Why? He mentioned rule-breaking. Nothing about being an idiot.[/quote]

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

:bouncy: :upyours: :bouncy:

This site is owned by Goose Egg.
You are a guest on his site. Respect his rules or don’t post here.

[quote=“bobl”]This site is owned by Goose Egg.
You are a guest on his site. Respect his rules or don’t post here.[/quote]

In my opinion, your suggestion isn’t very helpful. The mods and long-time posters seem to be resorting more and more to the “This is a private site. Read the rules” response to opinions they disagree with these days. I’m not sure why, exactly. Other discussion sites that I frequent are a lot less strictly moderated - or should I say a lot more “self-moderated” - than Forumosa, and are a lot more fun and less intimidating. Again, IMHO.

Take the case of “fought/revenge/whateverthefuckhislatesthandleis”. I don’t agree with his opinions, but why ban him? I admire his persistence and his conviction in his beliefs. If he resorts to threats of personal violence, so what? We all have an “ignore” button, don’t we?

I think it’s a sign of weakness to take ourselves too seriously. Perhaps the rules, and Forumosa’s concept of “community”, need revisiting.

Hit me.

[quote=“Infidel”]Take the case of “fought/revenge/whateverthefuckhislatesthandleis”. I don’t agree with his opinions, but why ban him? I admire his persistence and his conviction in his beliefs. If he resorts to threats of personal violence, so what? We all have an “ignore” button, don’t we? [/quote]Weren’t you one of the people he was making threats against ? Your nick is the closest to one he mentioned. How would your ignore button help he if turned up at your door with a gang of upset drug dealers ?

[quote]I think it’s a sign of weakness to take ourselves too seriously. Perhaps the rules, and Forumosa’s concept of “community”, need revisiting. [/quote]They have been revisited many times, any many things you’ve suggested have been tried, how many years of Forumosa’s history are you familar with ? And the community (minus you of course, so the rest of community is wrong) have come up with what we have now.

I don’t make my contact information accessible online. Does he?