CEP: GOP Implosion, backlash against neocons

800+ Signatures in 10 days, looks to be the beginnings of a GOP implosion. Certainly an alarm to neocon chickenhawk supporters.[quote=“http://www.ConservativeExodusProject.com”]The Pledge

We, the undersigned, petition the Republican Party to support real conservative candidates for the 2008 presidential nomination.

In the belief that the Republican Party has become too liberal, we pledge, unless a suitable candidate is selected for the GOP 2008 presidential nomination, to stay home or vote third party (e.g. Constitution Party).

Returning to its liberal roots, the GOP has recently become the party of big business, neoliberal globalism, and unwise interventionism - not the party of conservatism.

The following presidential candidates are UNACCEPTABLE: John McCain, Rudolph Giuliani, Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich, Sam Brownback, Mike Huckabee, Chuck Hagel, Condoleezza Rice, et al. They all support the third-world invasion of the United States.

Unless a candidate is chosen who is tough on immigration (e.g. Ron Paul, Tom Tancredo, Duncan Hunter, or another candidate yet to announce), we shall have no choice but to vote third party.

We would like to stress these five points.

(1) We oppose the third-world invasion of the United States, and reject amnesty and any path to citizenship for illegals. We support deportation, attrition, and massive reductions in legal immigration, especially from the third world.

(2) We oppose free trade, the support of which has become an ideological suicide pact. Free trade is both destroying our economy and undermining our sovereignty. Historically, conservatives have opposed free trade, and they should, but many in the GOP have been “neoconned” on this issue.

(3) We support a moral candidate, critical of secularism, who embodies the virtues of the Christian Western tradition.

(4) We oppose the illegal neocon war in Iraq. The transformation of the Middle East to liberal democracy is Jacobin, not conservative.

(5) We wish to see big government reduced in size - in all three branches - and for many offices and functions to be returned to the states, where they Constitutionally belong.

Unless the above criteria are met, we pledge to stay home or vote third-party in 2008.

The Undersigned,[/quote]Here’s some interesting commentary from…[quote=“Chuck Baldwin”]Is 2008 The Year Conservatives Abandon The GOP?

It is past time for conservatives to admit that the national Republican Party has crossed the point of no return and has no intention of nominating a genuine conservative for president. The GOP has become nothing more than a big-government, no-borders, war party. If true conservatives are going to have a voice in Washington politics, it will have to come through an independent party.

That is not to say that there are not genuine conservatives in the GOP presidential race. Congressman Ron Paul of Texas embodies everything the CEP is looking for. Beyond that, if he should miraculously win the nomination, he would, no doubt, receive broad support in the general election. He would solidify the conservative base of the GOP and would be very popular among independents, libertarians, and even conservative Democrats.

The problem is, the GOP leadership, including the money-machine, refuses to support the independent-minded Ron Paul. They want another puppet to carry out the marching orders of their CFR cronies. However, if rank and file Republicans, and if Jerry Falwell, James Dobson, and other leaders of the Religious Right would support Ron Paul, the globalist elitists within the GOP could be defeated.

Absent a Ron Paul nomination, true conservatives will have nowhere to go next year, except to a third party. In fact, it is my prayer that if Paul does not obtain the Republican nomination, he would lead the exodus to the Constitution Party.

It is time for conservatives to do more than hold their noses and vote for the “lesser of two evils.” It is time for them to vote their principles and their conscience. It is time to only support genuine conservatives, even if that means such candidates can only be found in a third party.

It’s too late for business-as-usual. We need a revolution! And thanks to the wisdom, sagacity, and foresight of America’s Founding Fathers, we have a system in place whereby the American people can change their government anytime they choose to do so. I pray 2008 will be the year they choose to do so. [/quote]

“Do you realize that Exxon-Mobile is the second largest lifetime career giver to George W. Bush, the Bush family, only after Enron?”
Greg Palast

Chickenhawk n. A person enthusiastic about war, provided someone else fights it; particularly when that enthusiasm is undimmed by personal experience with war; most emphatically when that lack of experience came in spite of ample opportunity in that person’s youth.

The GOP is becoming too liberal?

Wow, I’m speechless.

[quote=“cfimages”]The GOP is becoming too liberal?

Wow, I’m speechless.[/quote]

I laughed when I saw that part. I’ve never seen the GOP more conservative than it has been in the last several years!

Wait till you see what we have in store. We are only getting started.

But…but…but…isn’t di-ver-si-ty a good thing?.. :banana: :roflmao: :joker:

Handmaid’s Tale?

Pathetic. But OK, we admit we’ve seen what your idols have “in store.”

If these CEP hopefulls garnish enough support, surely a wall between MX & US will be their proudest accomplishment. As for “supporting a moral candidate”, that leaves out most of the GOP. Ron Paul is interestingly one of their chosen beacons.

[quote=“total911.info”]Dr. Ron Paul, Texas Congressman exploring a run for President, appeared on The Alex Jones Show Wednesday (January 17, 2007) and had the following to say about 9/11:

"CALLER: I want a complete, impartial, and totally independent investigation of the events of September 11, 2001 . I’m tired of this bogus garbage about terrorism. Ask Michael Meacher about how he feels about this bogus war on terrorism. Can you comment on that please?

HON. DR. RON PAUL: Well, that would be nice to have. Unfortunately, we don’t have that in place. It will be a little bit better now with the Democrats now in charge of oversight. But you know, for top level policy there’s not a whole lot of difference between the two policies so a real investigation isn’t going to happen. But I think we have to keep pushing for it. And like you and others, we see the investigations that have been done so far as more or less cover-up and no real explanation of what went on.

JACK BLOOD, GUEST HOST: I think it’s fair to say that of all the candidates out there, the one most interested in reopening the investigation and clearing the questions is Dr. Paul; and you should be commended for that.[/quote]
So Fred Smith is going to jump from the neocon-GOP scamwagon to the the CEP-GOP isolation-wagon? As if one day he will declare, “Yes 9/11 was an inside job, I was saying that all along,” rather than epitomizing all Five reasons to deny 9/11 was an inside job.

I am sure that somewhere someone is waiting to help you with your paranoia. 911 was not an inside job. The fact that you are so desperate to see it as one speaks volumes about you. Please continue to post and post again. You only make yourself look stupid and worse sad…

Still Pathetic. Proclaiming your ignorance probably provides excuse for you to pretend US Operation Northwoods wasn’t truly a Pentagon planned attack on American civilians, the US Phoenix Project of systematic kidnapping and torture didn’t really occur, and that your US government idols have a long history of honor and telling the truth. Of course we can all read your intelligent remarks supporting the lies of the 9/11 Commission, wait, those were just personal attacks. Your sad reality consists of repeating Hannity and O’Reilly’s s.o.p.: attack the messenger before Americans seek answers for themselves.

Paranoia? Spewing from the outside of reality and trying to argue the benefits of lies, greed and murder, it’s your psychotic disorder that’s becoming clear. And Shameful.

To others this is just a consideration, but you obviously choose to lovingly embrace a combination of each, “Comfort. Complacency. Cowardice. Conviction. Collusion.”

Was the previous post a little too harsh to reply to? Maybe citing realities of treason against humanity presented far too much despicable truth about some of the worse aspects of our beloved America that the mouse of many words got served? Retreating from having to argue that American terrorism doesn’t exist is understandable. Squatting on a pocket-thesaurus in the grandstands has no effect against first hand accounts. Truth (not hearsay or hopeful rhetoric) liberates. We should all appreciate what Frederick Douglas said, “Knowledge makes a man unfit to be a slave,” being himself a former slave & heralded as America’s first civil rights leader (1818-1895).

But let me ask the fred smithites something… what justifies pandering to corruption and murder? An elephant lapel pin and accompanying framed photo of either Bush ‘savior’, an armchair job pretending to represent American values abroad or maybe just simply a republican voter registration card?

The CEP petition has only garnished around 1100 postings after 45 days, but don’t most people really hope this represents a far greater and possibly overwhelming anti-neocon GOP retreat, fleeing from association with the scandal party of lies and greed? We know the Democrat’s hope in Clinton presents a far cry from integrity and morals, but at least activating the truth about the last 6 years of neoconservativism and its treasonous woes should spell disaster at the polls and a shift back towards American values, and may I add a painfully humiliating twist in fred smithite ordurous rants.