Chairman Annette

Annnette Lu just became DPP chairwoman … do you have your plane tickets ready?

Just kidding. She’s only doing an interim job until the DPP chooses a real chairman next month. I bet that with Su and Xie damaged by the elections, she won’t be shy about stealing the limelight and propping up her chances for 2008 - despite what everybody might think about her suitability to be president.

heh heh heh…

Is the DPP so bereft of people that Annette Lu was the only choice? Maybe the DPP is in more trouble than people want to believe or realize :smiling_imp:

Such a wise decision. Sort of reminds me of LTH support of Lien Chan in 2000.

So when is the press conference I want to hear her speak her words of wisdom.
hehehe.

Hope you guys enjoyd the Annette era while it lasted. She just resigned the position, basically publically outing CSB as not supporting the move.

Like sands through the hourglass…

I wonder if this is not a precursor to dumping CSB. He’s so isolated. Remember, K-MRT fiasco goes up to him but it’s been very quiet for a couple of months due to the 3-in-1 Elections. Now that’s over and the DPP got slammed, they may hang him out to dry. I hope they do.

Impeach CSB? now there’s an interesting concept.

Is CSB a DPP member still, I thought a few months back he gave up his DPP chairmanship and membership as symbol of being impartial in Taiwan’s political landscape.

Crazy Annie had a new eyepatch on her left eye, then she had it off, then she had it back on, then off. Quite an item on the morning news shows.

She has more bandages, slings, patches and devices than Michael Jackson.

People are often asked to make lists of two people (live/dead) they’d like to invite to dinner.

Here’s my list of the LAST TWO people (live/dead) I’d ever like to invite to dinner: Annette Lu + Michael Jackson. I can’t even start to imagine how bizarre that scene would be. What would Annette and Michael talk about?

[quote=“cctang”]What would Annette and Michael talk about?[/quote]Wardrobe & make-up…?

[quote=“cctang”]Hope you guys enjoyd the Annette era while it lasted. She just resigned the position, basically publically outing CSB as not supporting the move.

Like sands through the hourglass…[/quote]

Although I hope the DPP is wiped off the electoral map in 2008 for their lack of loyalty, Lu is exactly what they need after the K-City labor riots. Hsieh’s cool response and CSB’s anger over her remarks --her so-called “taking advantage of others’ intreagues” – only proves to me how dirty the Presidential Office is and how they want everything hushed up. Now they are talking about Yu running for the party’s chairmanship.

Yu’s people are anti-foreigner big time. One of Yu’s proteges was my direct supervisor in government. Had bottles of Corona and tequila in his office. He told me “You are in Taiwan now. When in Rome…do as the Romans.” :smiling_imp: Does that mean drinking on the job and exploiting the human rights of foreigners? :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Annette is soo cute, nearly as cute as Angie!

Does Annie have a platform yet?

Annette Lu deserves her own talk show. I’d watch.

In today’s news, Lu mocks Chen Shui-bian (without bothering to name him, instead choosing to refer to him as “the guy with the power at the head of our family”) as being “too short-sighted, and only considers how to maintain immediate power.”

And before you wonder if she was baited into the comment by a hostile press… she made the comment while speaking at a Tzu-Chi (Taiwanese Buddhist organization) charity hospital event.

While I am obviously no fan of Carzy Annie, it appears she has quite succinctly summed up Taiwanese politics.
Whats your point?

:smiley:

Annie’s got her gun. Superb. I reckon she’ll join the KMT.

You know I’ve never been a big fan of her. Always had a foot in her mouth in my opinion. But given her recent remarks I should really send Annette some flowers.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]While I am obviously no fan of Carzy Annie, it appears she has quite succinctly summed up Taiwanese politics.
Whats your point?[/quote]
My point is pretty obvious, I thought. Vice-presidents (and recent head of the DPP) typically don’t “summarize the state of Taiwanese politics”, not when it involves throwing an egg at the sitting president.

Nothing wrong if we sit around chugging beers while discussing the issue… but don’t you think this might affect, uh, DPP unity?

Lu triumphs again. At the meeting of the DPP central standing committee today, the committee spent 3 hours “asking” Lu stay on in her current position. (Despite the well-known opposition by many/most members.)

Why? Because it’s the ‘correct’ thing to do; she’d lose too much face and respect if allowed to resign this way! When pursued by the media on the issue, one legislator notably said: “while the adults (Chen/Lu) figure this out, the children shouldn’t speak.”

I can’t say I would’ve “predicted” this outcome, but I certainly am not surprised. “Asian values” triumph, again.