Champions Leagues Games? Cable TV nothing

STAR Sports show Premier League games, live when it can, and it has repeats at more civilized hours the next morning. (NB: this is a different channel to ESPN star, which is beef.)

They’re your best bet, though I don’t think they have the rights to the Champions League. There was a bar mentioned on one of these posts which was showing the group games last month - but if you don’t want to go to a bar (or use a p2p) then you’re probably gonna have a hard time watching CL mate… (though do let us know if you find a way)

I predict that in the future they will be able to transmit TV signals from spaceships in orbit around the earth. But the football players will have to wear breathing equipment.

Well that’s just silly. Imagine “transmitting” TV signals. If they could do that, then we wouldn’t need cables. Like THAT’ll ever happen. What are you, from Star Trek Wars or something?

[quote=“Satans Assassin”]OK I have only been in Taiwan a short time but why no CHampions League games on the sports channels.

Almost no Premier League no Champions League… Taiwan TV sucks but I cant be in a bar at 3am for my footy.

Solutions… and no I don’t want crappy p2p streaming which are bad.[/quote]

solutions? fuck off somewhere else that does have it…coming here demanding we supply you with Champions League coverage…

actually we had it last year but I guess Star/Espn lost the rights. Um, you have 1 option only; get Satellite…

solutions? fuck off somewhere else that does have it…coming here demanding we supply you with Champions League coverage…actually we had it last year but I guess Star/Espn lost the rights. Um, you have 1 option only; get Satellite…[/quote]

Confirmed that ESPN STAR TV Asia has lost the rights so no Champions league on those channels in Asia.

However we do have satellite packages that carry the games and EPL games, and if you cannot have large dishes we do have an IPTV service that carries 30 channels that carry sports plus another 100 plus TV channels and 70 satellite radio channels.

Most of the bars close at 1am or 2am mid week so no go there either. However if you can wait till the same night replays are shown in many of the bars.

this is an old post i know but need to rant… yes, there is no champions legaue, but why the feck not? of course the bars in taipei are happy coz its good for business although the games are on at 4 am … anyway. the only option is to watch buffered games on my computer on TVU, sop cast etc, but i liked setting my alarm for 4 am and watching the games, or buying a dish. this doesnt look good for footie fans, what with the world cup next year. Ive been in here for for 10 years, witnessed the highs and low of football coverage on ESPN/star sports, but this is hitting a low period when i have to rely on CNN for sports coverage!

[quote=“Satans Assassin”][quote=“the bear”]solutions? fuck off somewhere else that does have it…coming here demanding we supply you with Champions League coverage…

actually we had it last year but I guess Star/Espn lost the rights. Um, you have 1 option only; get Satellite…[/quote]

Thanks Satellite TV for letting me testing your service before signing up

Thanks bear for suggesting satellite TV, I’ve got it now thanks.[/quote]
Me too. In fact, there’s more football on satellite than you can shake a stick at!
Loving the cricket and rugby, not to mention the ladies beach volleyball!! Woo Hoo!! :bouncy: :banana:

Yes, i know, whats the point of having cable TV when the sports mainly consist of baseball/basketball 24/7 or the under-15 paraplegic spelling contest from utah?

[quote=“bismarck”][quote=“Satans Assassin”][quote=“the bear”]solutions? fuck off somewhere else that does have it…coming here demanding we supply you with Champions League coverage…

actually we had it last year but I guess Star/Espn lost the rights. Um, you have 1 option only; get Satellite…[/quote]

Thanks Satellite TV for letting me testing your service before signing up

Thanks bear for suggesting satellite TV, I’ve got it now thanks.[/quote]

Me too. In fact, there’s more football on satellite than you can shake a stick at!
Loving the cricket and rugby, not to mention the ladies beach volleyball!! Woo Hoo!! :bouncy: :banana:[/quote]

Hi Bismarck, Glad to have you streaming away all the live sports you’ve been missing. By the way you can go to your Shortcut Name and change it to anything you want. That way when you want to post screen shots you wont need to blank out your name.

Thanks for that.

satelite TV is obviously the man i need to talk to.

Indeed!

Bismarck and Satans Assassin,

Thank you both for uyour replies. I know Bismarck is particularly happy to be able to watch content now he has been missing out on for years, and not just sports.

Satan’s Assassin I know you like to watch not only on home and work but on your Iphone as well.

AH finally a decent scoreline from the Gunners… and Bendtner gets his first hat trick for Arsenal who thrash Porto 5 - 0

Nasri’s goal was pure brilliance running from outside the penalty box past 4 Porto players then scoring from then narrowest of angles past the keeper.

[quote=“Satellite TV”]AH finally a decent scoreline from the Gunners… and Bendtner gets his first hat trick for Arsenal who thrash Porto 5 - 0

Nasri’s goal was pure brilliance running from outside the penalty box past 4 Porto players then scoring from then narrowest of angles past the keeper.[/quote]
They did win 5-0 yes, but thrash them? Not really. Porto dominated large chunks of both halves, and a better team would/ will test them. Campbell is a liability. Sagna was exceptional again. Bendtner looked sharp tonight.

I’m not an arsenal fan, but this is one hell of a goal!

youtube.com/watch?v=5uNKGiyM_Vw

Arsenal dominated where it counts only… on the score sheet. :bravo: :bravo:

Good to see real madrid getting beaten, what with their belief that they could win something after spending millions on ronaldo, kaka, benz… etc. :laughing:

[quote=“Satellite TV”]AH finally a decent scoreline from the Gunners… and Bendtner gets his first hat trick for Arsenal who thrash Porto 5 - 0

Nasri’s goal was pure brilliance running from outside the penalty box past 4 Porto players then scoring from then narrowest of angles past the keeper.[/quote]

Glad to see I am not the only one delighted about this result…

[quote=“TomHill”][quote=“Satellite TV”]AH finally a decent scoreline from the Gunners… and Bendtner gets his first hat trick for Arsenal who thrash Porto 5 - 0

They did win 5-0 yes, but thrash them? Not really. Porto dominated large chunks of both halves, and a better team would/ will test them. Campbell is a liability. Sagna was exceptional again. Bendtner looked sharp tonight.[/quote]

How can 5-0 be described as anything BUT a thrashing, your rather feeble defense of POrto notwithstanding…