Change ARC address online

I remember a while ago there was a communication about the fact it’s possible to do the operation of changing the address of residence online. Someone tried? How?
Do you still have to go to office to pick up a new ARC than?

Also interested in this. Does anyone have any information?

where did you see it? I don’t think we can do it online.

I don’t think it’s possible to change the address online. I changed mine last month, and I did ask them about it, but was told someone needed to physically visit them.

I saw that employment gold card holders can change addresses online and then go in person to pickup a new card. Any links for ARC card holders?

I don’t see a big difference to apply online for change the address but still need to go in person to pick up the new ARC card

If you can not go to the immigration office ,then an Agent can do the application on you behalf remember to fill out the form first and provide supporting documents of the new address

You can download the Application form in the following article:
https://www.immigration.gov.tw/5475/5478/141465/141808/141970/

Thanks. I wanted to see if there was a way to change the address online for ARC card holders to save an additional trip to the immigration office. My wife and I can apply online for the gold card address change but our kid has an ARC so hoping that there’s an online option as well.

I agree , there should be an online option, but for the moment ARC card holders (and even APRC) still need to visit the immigration office for change address and pick up the new card

I don’t know why some other applications can be made online like the visa , work permit , pay taxes , but change ARC address need to visit the immigration office

1 Like

They should go 1 step further and give stickers for address change to affix on the ARC. Why print out a new pastic ARC just for address changes?

Ah thanks for the info. Guess here’s hoping that bureaucratic processes are made more convenient in the future. At least the gold cards are easy!

1 Like

They should go yet another step further and give up the silly registration which is meaningless anyway. People stay for years on visa free stamps with zero registered address, while legal residents have this backward registration to waste time with.

That said, pro tip, for TPE go to the NIA basement level in the right corner and get a registered prepaid envelope - save yourself the trip to pick up the card once it’s ready.

2 Likes