Change in power/ Min of education

Does anyone have information on the recent change in power of the min of education. I have been told by my new employer that the min has been transferred and because the transfer is fresh they are not allowing any work permit transfers. The new agency who manages work permits will be the Min of Labor. The new employer is telling me that I have to re-apply for myself and my family which means another GD visit to the hospital and possible visa run for all 3 of us. Does anyone have info on this and why. It seem totally ridiculous to have a new agency who is incapable of doing the job of the department who originally held the duties did. Why even bother if they can’t handle the simple transactions. Anyway any ideas? I would love to avoid the inconvenience of doing a hospital trip not to mention a visa run for 3.