Change name on Social Security card...anyone have this experience?

Wondering if any U.S. citizens here have any experience changing their name on their Social Security card.

My situation: The U.S. Federal Reserve has sent my first social security funds to my bank account in Taiwan. However, my bank account name uses my full name (including middle name). The fund transfer name shortens my middle name to just an initial.
The Social Security office in the Philippines has instructed me to change my name on social security card to remove my middle initial and add my middle name to my first name.
Having used the same social security card for 50 years…I am reluctant but that is the plan. Just wondering if anyone else made this change and if any subsequent problems cropped up?
Sidenote: the Philippines office told me that the Federal Reserve’s fund transfer system cannot accommodate using a full middle name so they need recipients to change their names on social security card to match what their system can handle.

Do you have an American bank you can put it in and transfer it? Taiwan banks are such a pain when it comes to international transfers :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I have a U.S. bank account but I do not want to deposit money there. My bank is Chase. Starting last year I even have lots of problems to login to my account. Seems their new system easily blocks me from logging in and they are unable to send access codes overseas. Well, long story. Anyway, for long term I want the money sent here versus making transfer from U.S.

1 Like

By the way, so far my banks in Taiwan have done an okay job with transfers from U.S. and Singapore…as well as U.S. cheques.
The problem is with the U.S. system. Social Security received my Taiwan bank account confirmation including my bank account name. The other forms from Social Security also use my full middle name. No where on any form is my middle name abbreviated to an initial.