Changing ARC company

Hi everyone. I have a bit of a problem concerning switching my ARC from one company to another.

I recently left a teaching job that had supplied me with my ARC and I left on good terms with the boss. I have found a second teaching job (at a completely different company) who are happy to take over my ARC. However, my first boss had me sign a cancel contract agreement which is dated to over 14 days ago now. He told me that it doesn’t matter what date you sign the cancel contract, but only the date the government receives it (the NIA I think).

From what I’ve since read online, you need to get all your paperwork done within 14 days of the date on your cancel contract agreement. To make matters more complicated, my new school is now convinced that I cannot simply change the company that supports my ARC but that I must get a completely new ARC.

I’m so confused and concerned that I’m now staying here illegally and I have no idea how to resolve the situation. Any advice?

You need file to renew your DTC, or leave the country and come back to reset the ARC

go to NIA tomorrow morning and ask them what you should do.

2 Likes

I forgot to add, my old boss told me he hasn’t sent the cancel contract letter yet, because he was waiting for me to find my next job. Does that make a difference regarding my time?

According ti the following description, what your old boss says sounds like correct.

外國專業人員欲轉換雇主時應如何辦理?
發布單位 跨國勞動力事務中心
更新日期 107-09-05
一、依就業服務法第53條規定,外國人如需轉換雇主,由新雇主申請許可,並檢附受聘僱外國人之離職證明文件。
二、另本部線上申辦案件審查作業時間為7個工作日,書面案件為12個工作日,故雇主送件時宜留意前開作業時間,避免外國人先解聘,但尚未有新聘僱許可期間之空窗期。

if no paperwork has been submitted to WDA nor NIA, i think your work permit and arc are still valid.

My advice is now go to WDA and ask them about changing your employer, especially on the date on the cancel contract.