Changing ARC

I would like to know the procedure for changing employment from being a technical writer to a teacher, in terms of the ARC. My friends current ARC is from the ministry of commerce - can his new school simply apply to the MInistry of Education for his new ARC - or will they need to transfer/cancel his existing ARC.

Appreciate any comments from the experience of others.

Cheers Mike