Changing my name (forumosa ID)

Gus, I registered way back when Oreinted was a beta site… and never posted…til now. Thing is I hate my registered name… :frowning: I would rather just be plain old Kristy… rather than the stupid name I have for my email account…

Is there anyway we can change our user name and keep our current registration? Lots of other boards allow you the flexibility to do this, it would be very nice. I mean, I could re-register… but you know…

TIA

Kristy,
You can try hitting the profile button at the top of the page, perhaps you can change it there.

I just altered my user name. Hit the profile button at the top of the page , it really works.

THANKS, it worked… coulda figured that out meself had I only looked :blush:

Kristy

How do I change my user name?

Er…well, you have only ever posted one message, namely the above, so why not just re-register under a different name? Or is Torger Helgeland actually just another name for Holger Nygaard? :wink:

Torger,

Go to profile (at the top of the page) change it there, click submit and you are done…
I just changed mine for fun, btw

Kristy

No.

the bloke sounds Norvegian to me

Hi folks,

We are going to disallow name changes starting next Monday. Take the next few days to decide upon what name your name on Segue will be.

If you have no idea what this is about, or do not know how to change your name – then you can ignore this announcement :wink:

Cheers,

gus.

This will be interesting. It is kind of fun trying to keep track of everyone’s multiple personality disorders and ‘mood swings’ though.

Love, Samantha

That gives me enough time to change my name to Monkey’s karma stash :bulb:

That doesn’t sound right, it’s kinda fun to change names and it keeps everyone on their toes. I mean we all know who is who. When Holger changed to Mr He everyone knew what was going on.
As Bassman I got a lot of stick, so I changed my name and it all stopped.
This is a Taiwan thing, if you don’t like your name you can change it. All that is going to happen is that people will register as different users with different e-mail accounts and use a proxy server if you register IP’s.

Darn,

I was about to change my name to

“Shewhorunswithscissors”

or

“Iamqueensodealwithit”

or

“shutthef–kup”

Now, I guess I am just plain old Sharky :frowning:

sometimes a name change further emphasis a point that needs to be made

Another fatwa issued without a word of explanation as to why …

[quote=“Boss Hogg”]
As Bassman I got a lot of stick, so I changed my name and it all stopped. [/quote]

Well, if you miss the stick…

:smiling_imp:

What’s to stop anyone registering a new profile and transferring all the karma there? Loss of ‘rank’? No biggie.

Odd this. Would you advocate changing your real name from time to time?
“Hey, Tim! How’s it goin’?”
“Excuse me, but please call me Andronicus from now on.”
Then two weeks later…
“Hey, Andronicus! How’s it goin’?”
“No, sorry. Don’t call me that. Now I wish to be addressed as Horndog.”

People would think you were either insane or an asshole, or both.

[quote=“wolf_reinhold”]Odd this. Would you advocate changing your real name from time to time?
“Hey, Tim! How’s it goin’?”
“Excuse me, but please call me Andronicus from now on.”
Then two weeks later…
“Hey, Andronicus! How’s it goin’?”
“No, sorry. Don’t call me that. Now I wish to be addressed as Horndog.”

People would think you were either insane or an asshole, or both.[/quote]

But Wolfie this is Taiwan and people are always changing their English names here. Don’t you think that we should follow this custom and allow people to change their name if they so desire. But hey I really don’t care less.

All will be made clear in due time, young padawan.

Seriously, I’m getting excited about some of the most recent changes in “store” for the forums. Changes will happen this week…stay tuned.

That’s a good point, but it still would be nice to keep track of people. I was never crazy about the propensity of some of my friends here who changed their names on a whim.

And not just English names, too. I only settled on my Chinese name after a couple of years (and it’s still wrong – I’ll spare you that story for now). Just recently, my girlfriend (who is born and raised here) was fuming about her sister’s plans to change her own Chinese name. Something about how doing so would help her (the sister’s) fortunes.

All that said, the Star Chamber has spoken and the edict passed down from above is that names will no longer be changeable.

Or will they? :wink: Just a couple of more days of testing and fixes and you’ll see what I mean :smiling_imp:

Or if that’s too hard for people to remember, Vincent, you could just use the English translation: “The artist formerly known as Cat Stevens.”