Changing NT into dollars

Hi, folks -

Being really new to Forumosa, I’ve got what I hope isn’t an utter newbie question (ahh, hell with it, I am a newbie):

My wife and I (not Taiwanese) are headed back to the States in a few weeks. We’re looking to exchange NT into dollars in the least costly way - preferrably before we leave, for concern that it would be more difficult in the US.

I did a cursory search for related topics but didn’t see anything that jumped out right away… Does anyone have any advice or tips to offer? I’d appreciate some insight. Thanks.

[quote=“FDanielH”]Hi, folks -

Being really new to Forumosa, I’ve got what I hope isn’t an utter newbie question (ahh, hell with it, I am a newbie):

My wife and I (not Taiwanese) are headed back to the States in a few weeks. We’re looking to exchange NT into dollars in the least costly way - preferrably before we leave, for concern that it would be more difficult in the US.

I did a cursory search for related topics but didn’t see anything that jumped out right away… Does anyone have any advice or tips to offer? I’d appreciate some insight. Thanks.[/quote]

Go to the bank and wire the money home to your account there. It’s cheap, and you’ll get a good rate right now as the US$ is less than 32NT$