Chavez & F-16s - Attention Whore? Dangerous leftist? Madman?

[quote=“fred smith”][quote]

Ask the businessmen he’s “fixed,” the independent press and maybe the middle class how they feel. Yes, he has “done” a lot of things that you and I are merely “talking” about. The man is a stupid populist fool who looks exactly as one would expect. Thick and coarse and ignorant.

And you think other countries would follow him committing suicide ? I really don t think so and that goes your way. It didn t go your way when some didn t want to follow you into Iraq.

[quote=“fred smith”][quote].

Our containing ourselves is not the problem. Our inaction and impatience and inattention to detail is. Few countries in the world have suffered because of too much American involvement, they have suffered from too little.[/quote][/quote]

Now the whole world suffers from you r too much involvement in Iraq. Australia has just been threatened. Bombs are exploding everywhere.

It is the first time in my life that I have been feeling so insecure. Not even during the cold war could I feel this.

Maybe we should let Iran have some WMD and this would give a stability… JOKE

I

The lesson is don’t sell good military equipment to marginal countries

Really? India? Pakistan and their new cooperation? Lebanon? Kuwait? Saudi Arabia? Gulf States? Turkey? Kurdish areas? Shia areas? Libya? Sudan? Somalia?

The largest attack against Australians took place in Bali a year before the invasion of Iraq and was meant to punish the country for its role in Timor. Next?

I sincerely doubt that. haha

Perhaps, try thinking instead. Feelings are well a bit hard to quantify. Just a thought. :smiling_imp: Okay. I am kidding but only partially.

Maybe we should let Iran have some WMD and this would give a stability… JOKE

Something must have happened to you during your life that makes you a man without feelings ? can we call this a human being ? sorry joke :unamused:
Again think by yourselves and do not reflect something you learnt by heart in some books.

It’s only when I got to the end of that paragraph that I realised you weren’t talking about Bush.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]You’re so funny…lol
“…the American imperialists …” LOL…please tellme you are not teaching children…lol.[/quote]

TC, I think David was jocularly putting words in Chavez’s mouth, not expressing his own view. :wink:

Well, I have seen the terrible tragedies that occur when governments act on feelings. It is not a pretty sight but then I never seem to recall anyone “feeling” anything when something that they “felt” to be true went horribly wrong. I am thinking (not feeling) about Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos when many “felt” the Communist takeover would be better. I also remember many “feeling” that Africa was unique and required a different set of rules. I also note that many of those that “feel” the war against Saddam was wrong where no where to be found “feeling” about the millions of Iraqis that were killed before. Ditto for the Iranians, Kuwaitis, Kurds etc. So sorry but I think “feeling” about policy is a terrible way to approach problems.

Good point! :cookie: Better yet, include a remote destruct function. :smiley:

[quote=“Dragonbones”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]You’re so funny…lol
“…the American imperialists …” LOL…please tellme you are not teaching children…lol.[/quote]

TC, I think David was jocularly putting words in Chavez’s mouth, not expressing his own view. :wink:[/quote]
Indeed - thanks DragonBones. Unfortunately, it seem that when you deliberately use ridiculously overblown rhetoric you get taken seriously in the IP forum …

To clarify the point I was trying to make: Chavez doesn’t care about the legality of it - and knows that he could make sure that the Venezuelan public don’t care either. The whole point of this is to make the US look bad in the eyes of Venezuelan public, so he looks good. If he can frame the whole thing as “the big bad US versus poor defenseless Venezuela” then he’ll be happy. If the US bombs the shit out of his airforce and then stands up and says “but if you look at subclause 3, para 4 on page 37 of our agreement, you can see we were perfectly within our rights”, who do you think will have more sympathy (both in Venezuela and worldwide)?

(Note that I am not saying whether the US should or shouldn’t be ready to destroy the planes - I’m just pointing out what game Chavez is playing)

That’s how I read it too.

Well as a friend of mine says, if you

David -
It appears that your subtlety(sp?) is just beyond me.
I guess I missed your point completely.
My apologies.
The rest of the information however, is applicable.
Also applicale is the fact that upgrades to a/c are a routine part of the deal. these upgrades can be in the avionics systems, fire control or target acquisition systems, radar systems, commo systems, engine or hydraulics systems, et al.

Each of these upgrades increases the overall military worth of the a/c. Thus you have F16A models, F-16B models, -C models, etc.
Not to mention the training required to the pilots and ground/maintenance crewd to keep everything on top of the bubble.
Venezuela has F-16A & B models. Good a/c, but sadly dated at this time.
They also have some C-130H & H-3 models, which are pretty up to date along with a wide array of a/c of other marques.
More info here: scramble.nl/ve.htm

I But I do know that Germany armed Saddam selling him 50 percent of his chemical, nuclear and missile technolgy. Were you recommending that we be more like Germany?
But I do know that Germany armed Saddam selling him 50 percent of his chemical, nuclear and missile technolgy. Were you recommending that we be more like Germany?
? I don’t know. But I do know that Germany armed Saddam selling him 50 percent of his chemical, nuclear and missile technolgy. Were you recommending that we be more like Germany?
But I do know that Germany armed Saddam selling him 50 percent of his chemical, nuclear and missile technolgy. Were you recommending that we be more like Germany?

Like a broken record…
:unamused:

Look it’s a moot point. We sold F-14 to Iran but w/out access to parts they were unflyable. Once the parts stop then I’ll know were serious about this.

Musht be shome kind of technical hitch.

Stray Dog…now I want you to think about this. If the Chinese get their hands on several F-16s, they are going to be able to use what they learn against [i]their[/i] enemies who have F-16s. Right? Now tell us…where do you live?

[/quote]
China is going to get F16s and plenty of other U.S.-made weapons anyway when it gets Taiwan back. Notate bene I did say “when”, not “if”. That is good motivation for China to be patient and reabsorb Taiwan without fighting - By reuniting peacefully they get more juicy weapons and all in one piece.

Stray Dog…now I want you to think about this. If the Chinese get their hands on several F-16s, they are going to be able to use what they learn against [i]their[/i] enemies who have F-16s. Right? Now tell us…where do you live?

[/quote]
China is going to get F16s and plenty of other U.S.-made weapons anyway when it gets Taiwan back. Notate bene I did say “when”, not “if”. That is good motivation for China to be patient and reabsorb Taiwan without fighting - By reuniting peacefully they get more juicy weapons and all in one piece.[/quote]

The US can bomb Taiwanese air bases just as easily as Iraqi bases…

BTW, this is one reason the US refused to sell Taiwan with the Aegis system.

DPP and TSU supporters please take note.

[quote=“Juba”][quote=“Comrade Stalin”]
The US can bomb Taiwanese air bases just as easily as Iraqi bases.
[/quote]
DPP and TSU supporters please take note.[/quote]

:loco:

KMT and Communist supporters should take note.