Cheap Drinks.. where are you?

Ah, I still remember the good ol’ days when I was a poor Enrish teacher just off the boat, looking for NT$100 bars.

[quote=“WolvesMon”]Thought I would pass this on seeing as I was given a flyer yet never saw this advertised?

10 Bars - 100 NT Drinks
Friday nights.
My Place
Peace Jazz
Poison
Rosa
Super girl
B52
Euro Pub
Manhattan
Malibu West

Lane 32, Shuang Cheng Street. Taipei

for more info contact Justin 0987254540[/quote]

Where was WolvesMon back then when I needed him?

$1 NT beers at Brass Monkey on Tuesdays between 9pm and 10pm. After that Carlsberg for 160 NT or large Taiwan Beer for 200 NT. They also have guiness on tap.

I managed to drink a chimey (200) and then 4 other $1 Beers while I was there. So 5 beers for $204 NT :smiley:

[quote=“j0rd”]$1 NT beers at Brass Monkey on Tuesdays between 9pm and 10pm. After that Carlsberg for 160 NT or large Taiwan Beer for 200 NT. They also have guiness on tap.

I managed to drink a chimey (200) and then 4 other $1 Beers while I was there. So 5 beers for $204 NT :smiley:[/quote]

WHAT?!?!?!??! 1$ Beers holy f^&$!! I never knew that, is there like only certain kinda beers you can get?

Yes, the week I went, it was Carlsberg Draft. One to a customer. Finish your beer, they’ll bring you another.

Thats like stealing, hahah thanks for the info citizen K. I must check it out, was it busy when you went??

Half of the posters here must be half pissed to pay over 100NT for any beer.
“Happy Hour” the biggest con ! 24/7 Happy Hour we need!
You are not supping in an eighteenth Century inn gazing over pastoral scenery and antique furniture while the big busted wench behind the bar serves your every need.
No, quite the opposite, you are probably in some half converted concrete block looking at a TV set being ripped off by some half wit who cannot speak your language. Talking to rednecks or nonces that you wouldn’t even pass the time of day with back home.

Remember, the average wage here, the cost of street food, then compare pub prices. Pub means PUBLIC house. For everybody not just a few ex pats.
To the average punter who pays 60 NT for a lunch box, 350 NT for a mediocre pub lunch is a serious lot of money. So is 150NT for a bottle of beer. Most locals think you are stark staring insane for paying that.

And thanks to everybody who frequented the Zone 100NT pubs this week. It was really busy, the busiest in years, which I know ain’t saying much!

Byeeeeee

Well, I had no idea it was even on; I was just taking a buddy from out of town out for his last night. It was dead when we arrived at 8:30pm, but funny enough, the waitress said all the tables were reserved! Anyhow, we managed to get seated and between 8:50 and 9pm, the place packed out! Mass consumption ensued for an hour that saw much merriment, frantic waitstaff and some local dude in a shirt and tie passed out on the floor of the gents’ loo; ewwww! By 10:05pm there was a mass exodus that left the place about half full with people who wanted to keep the party going. Altogether, it’s not a bad strategy; it gets them bodies in the door on a night that would otherwise be dead and keeps a few people there after the hour who are going to actually spend some bucks. I imagine now that word is spreading about it, it must be even more crowded.