Cheap hotel in Taipei?

My gf and I are going up to Taipei this weekend. Does anyone know of any cheap hotels in Taipei?

How cheap? Please be specific.

Well. Around NT1000 would be nice.

Chrysler Hotel
2362 6555
around 1000 for small room
5F, 241 Roosevelt Rd, Sec 3
No sign for hotel. Take elevator up. 1 minute south of Taipower MRT exit 2 so super close to Shida area.

Taipei Asia World Hostel
2331 7272
12F, 50 Zhongxiao W Rd, Sec 1
The hostel is on the 12th floor of the K-Mall across from the Main Train station. It’s been recently renovated and the 2 bed dorm (with private bath) is around 1000. Large room.

Hotel Delight
2565 2155
No 2-2 Lane 27, Zhongshan N Rd, Sec 2
Head up Zhongshan from the Zhongshan MRT. The hotel is just down an alley. I like this place. Nice couple who run it. Simple and cheap but with a few touches. Rooms start around 1400 incl breakfast.

I did a hotel survey of Taipei over the summer which is how I know about these places.

Thanks a lot Mucha Man.

That was really nice. And very helpful.

:candycane:

Happy Holidays

I remember there are a few centrally-located but relatively cheap places just south of the railroad station.

I had friends who stayed here and raved about it:

starshotel.com.tw/

In Hsimen, not far from the Train Station.

[quote=“Flicka”]I had friends who stayed here and raved about it:

starshotel.com.tw/

In Hsimen (Ximen), not far from the Train Station.[/quote]

The OP asked for NT1000 a night rooms.

Go to this page for a list of cheap hotels in the train station area:

http://www.geocities.com/allhou/teachaccom.htm

do any of these inexpensive hotel knock on your door at night asking
you if you wanted “female companions”??? (yeah, I mean hookers)

if they do, what’s the best way to turn them down?

thanks!

[quote=“Ivanchenko”]do any of these inexpensive hotel knock on your door at night asking
you if you wanted “female companions”??? (yeah, I mean hookers)

if they do, what’s the best way to turn them down?

thanks![/quote]

None of the ones I listed. And I’ve never heard of that happening in Taiwan. If it did, I think they would be going to better hotels.

[quote=“Muzha Man”][quote=“Flicka”]I had friends who stayed here and raved about it:

starshotel.com.tw/

In Hsimen (Ximen) (Ximen), not far from the Train Station.[/quote]

The OP asked for NT1000 a night rooms.[/quote]

Where can I get a flip-off emoticon?

Yes, I can read. My friends were able to negotiate for NT$1,300, which would be AROUND NT$1,000 a night, as the OP had stated. I would hope most people would call or e-mail first before they just go off the rack rates on a hotel’s Web site.

[quote=“Flicka”][quote=“Muzha Man”][quote=“Flicka”]I had friends who stayed here and raved about it:

starshotel.com.tw/

In Hsimen (Ximen) (Ximen) (Ximen), not far from the Train Station.[/quote]

The OP asked for NT1000 a night rooms.[/quote]

Where can I get a flip-off emoticon?

Yes, I can read. My friends were able to negotiate for NT$1,300, which would be AROUND NT$1,000 a night, as the OP had stated. I would hope most people would call or e-mail first before they just go off the rack rates on a hotel’s Web site.[/quote]

Most people when they see a room advertised for NT2400 a night are not going to bother spending time to see if they can get a 50% discount. If you knew that your friends were able to negotiate down to NT1300 then you should have said so in you initial post. Most people do not know that rack rates are not the rates they should be charged.

And there’s nothing in my post above that even remotely deserves a flip off. :unamused: