Cheap Hotels in Taipei

It’s been asked before but…

What are some nice, cheap options for Taipei? Cheap as in under $1000/night, nice as in clean.

Me and the hubby will be up there for a few days either tomorrow or the day after, and need to find a place to crash.

Seems a bit unlikely. Do you consider motels “nice”? Apart from the strange-looking fixtures and the, um, extensive cable-TV selection, they’re often pretty good value for money. Not gonna happen for $1000, though. There’s a decent one near me in Danshui offering rates of about $1500:

amainmotel.com/

EDIT: sorry, I just checked the website and it seems that rate is for 休息, not per night. That wasn’t mentioned on the signboard outside.

Failing that … thought about couchsurfing?

Hostels and love hotels are about your only choices.

I’m fine with both of those. Can you stay in Hostels now though? Last I checked they had some new rule where you could only stay for a week minimum.

Go to hostels.com. There are at least a dozen hostel and guesthouse options. And di a search on budget hotels online as well as you can often find deals.

You also have an option of staying at a luxury condominium in downtown Taipei for a good price, aparthotels are available in some of the best districts. I have stayed at some of those discount hotels that advertise for nt$1000 or so- and they are always old, dirty, and out of the way.

Check out taipei-4-fun.com. They have one in Datong, and another in Zhongshan. These are really nice condos, and you can stay there for just nt$2000 and up. I stayed at Voguestar for a few days- This place was really nice, I would describe it as comparable to any luxury hotel in the city, and you’re getting a good place at a good price.

Travel safe, my friends. :slight_smile:
http://www.taipei-4-fun.com

I should probably report in on our stay!

We stayed in this place highness.com.tw/regal/aboutus.php which was around $2300, I believe, and was absolutely fantastic. Best hotel we stayed in all trip!

If you qualify for a youth travel in Taiwan card (or if you steal one) you can book into the Taipei Hero House for $1500 for a three-bed room (no smaller rooms) on weeknights (I’m assuming that’s Sunday to Thursday). Which is a pretty damn good deal for a decent quality stay (clean and comfortable, if slightly minimal).