Cheapest / Best way to get to TPE from Taipei

Well, this reply is too late for you, but I just returned from vacation so I didn’t see your question till now.

The earliest available buses from Taipei to CKS Airport leave around 4:00am outside the Far Eastern Plaza Hotel (201 Dunhua South Road Section 2).

My mother’s coming to visit in May, but I live in Taichung - are there any services that run directly from Taichung to CKS or will I have to hop on an airport transfer in Taipei? If so, are they the crappy uncomfortable buses that stop a million times en route? Aloha and Dragon both said no-go.

Drop the love and the self. Get it? Drop the “Ai” and the “I” and you get TPE from Taipei…hahaha, choudofu is so f****** funny. hahahahahaha The ai and the i…hahahahaha, haahahahahaha, hahahahaahh…ok, whats next?

llary wrote: [quote]My mother’s coming to visit in May, but I live in Taichung - are there any services that run directly from Taichung to CKS or will I have to hop on an airport transfer in Taipei? If so, are they the crappy uncomfortable buses that stop a million times en route? Aloha and Dragon both said no-go.[/quote]

You can go to the airport directly from Taichung. I’ve done it several times with the “Flying Dog” (fei Gou). It is fast and comfortable, taking about half an hour to get through Taichung City, stopping in various places along the way, then on the freeway for two hours. Add another twenty minutes for heavy traffic.

Why are you all paying so much? I hire a limo to or from Xindian to CKS for about $720. Just had a friend brought in this morning. $720.

The wild chicken buses are great when you’re with your wingman, but Toe Tag’s solution is econmical, efficient, and elegent. I do the same when somebody else is not paying for it.

Chou “Likes to ride in comfort” Do Fu

Toe Tag and Chodofu, could you please post the names and numbers of hte limo services you use?

If they’re picking you up from the airport, do they wait if the plane is delayed?

Thanks

Sorry gcat, don’t have the numbers, but the usual deal is that you have the driver’s phone number and call when you get out and tell them which number exit pole thingee you will be at. That way they don’t have to pay for parking.

Forgot all about this when I left Muzha the other day - just phoned the company and booked a cab for a standard NT$1,000 ride. The driver was at the place I was staying in three minutes. While it was a nice car, next time I think I’ll ask for a Karoake or at least a car with a DVD player . . because I’m sure you can.

Good to catch up the other day gcat. Sorry about missing you on Monday, but the gods deemed that a day of extreme hangover.

HG

Anybody have numbers for the airport vans service? YC, I called your guy but he wants NT1400 one way from Shijr.

I wonder if there isn’t some confusion here? You do get really good deals on limo transfers with certain credit cards.

HG

Woohoo, I like Feigou and never thought to ask. Cheers!

[quote=“gcat”]Toe Tag and Chodofu, could you please post the names and numbers of hte limo services you use?

If they’re picking you up from the airport, do they wait if the plane is delayed?

Thanks[/quote]
I’ll ask my wife and get back to you.

Today I sent my friend off, and I took him to the CKS Airport Bus at the Howard Hotel (they stop at numerous hotels, this one was closest to our barbershop sightseeing). No sooner do we sit down on the bus stop bench, than the taxi drivers parked in front of the bus stop said they had to go collect someone else from CKS, so they’d run him down there for $500 (for them, better than going there empty). We were running a bit late, so we went for it. Not sure you can rely on this, but it worked today.

We have always been able to get a $600 cab fare to the airport. I almost always pay a total of $1000 because we invariably have lots of heavy luggage for the driver to schlep.

[quote=“gcat”]Toe Tag and Chodofu, could you please post the names and numbers of hte limo services you use?

Thanks[/quote]

chinacar.com.tw/

They ask for the flight number, so I assume they check on it, and wait if needed. They have the driver’s cell phone number too.

[quote=“llary”]Woohoo, I like Feigou and never thought to ask. Cheers!

sorry to bring this thread back up
but someone told me that buses from taizhong train station to CKS
only run from 3am to 7pm?
i was hoping to take one on a saturday evening

can anyone confirm this information?
or does anyone have the # to Fei Gou?

thanks!

i can’t tell you the answer, but you could hop the train to taoyuan, and then take a bus to the airport from there … shouldn’t take you considerably more time.

[quote=“humuhumu”][quote=“llary”]Woohoo, I like Feigou and never thought to ask. Cheers!

sorry to bring this thread back up
but someone told me that buses from taizhong train station to CKS
only run from 3am to 7pm?
I was hoping to take one on a saturday evening

can anyone confirm this information?
or does anyone have the # to Fei Gou?

thanks![/quote]

If the worst comes to the worst you can always take a (24hr) bus to Taipei station and then the Da-you bus or similar to CKS.

Feigou buses leave from the terminals on Zhong-gang road where you will also find Aloha, Dragon etc. Coming along Zhong-gang road from Taichung station they are two minutes after the Wen-xin / Zhong-gang intersection on your right. There is cheap and safe car/scooter parking there just before the Aloha station.

The timetable at freego.southeastbus.com/faq.htm says that service is from 2am - 8:30pm. Reverse service back to Taichung is 6am - 2:30am. 台中─中正機場 = Taichung → CKS, 首班車 = first bus, 未班車 = last bus, 機場往台中 = CKS → Taichung.

How funny, there’s a typo on their website. Should say 末班車 not 未班車. How on earth could that happen? The pronunciation’s totally different! Maybe cangjie would allow you to make that input mistake?

The last bus from Taoyuan to the airport seems to be 21.30, so catching the xtrain probably wouldn’t work. I guess the reason these buses stop running is because there’s nothing to do at the airport if you arrive that late, except get some sleep before an early flight (I suppose that’s humu’s plan?)

hey guys

sorry for not checking back till now
thanks very much for all the info…

yeah the deal is that i dont live in/know taizhong at all. i actually live in taipei but will be outside of taizhong in 2 weeks and will have to haul ass on a sat nite straight to CKS, where i have an intl flight that leaves at 7:55 am.

how long does it take to get from taizhong–CKS?
or from taizhong–taipei?

if it’s not possible to leave sat evening, go straight to the airport and spend the nite there, i dont mind taking the 24 hr back to taipei and then the regular airport bus from taipei, just need to figure out the timing of everything.

if anyone can decipher what ive said and has any suggestions, theyd be much appreciated. thank you!

cheers

[quote=“humuhumu”]how long does it take to get from taizhong–CKS?
or from taizhong–Taipei?[/quote]
The bus from Taizhong to CKS takes around two hours; the one from Taizhong to Taipei, two and a half. That is with not too much traffic. If the traffic’s heavy it will take a bit longer.

I’m not sure what time the first bus from Taizhong to CKS is but I don’t think it’s early enough for you to be at the airport a comfortable time before your flight. What you might consider doing is staying at a hotel in Taoyuan overnight: there are a couple of reasonable ones and I think it’s about a 600NT taxi trip to the airport.