Cheapest language schools?

Anyone know any cheap language schools where I can get a student visa?

Preferably around the north/north east

1 Like

I don’t think they issue visas for language schools these days. But maybe for degree-seeking students.

Even students who get admitted into a degree program are having troubles getting visas. At least I have a friend in this boat who is going through a difficult process.

Ah that sucks. Thanks for the info though!

What’s your passport nationality? Many countries can enter visa-free, and it USED to be cheap to do visa runs…these days I’m not sure where you’d run to though…

UK so yea visa run would be an option but they have suspended the visa exemption currently so I wouldn’t be able to return.

How are you currently staying in Taiwan? Do you have a degree? Would you be willing to teach English to get a work visa?

I’m in Taiwan on visa exemption as I’m from the UK, I got a degree in Japanese. I’m up for teaching English like 1-1 but id rather not work in a classroom.

Did you just time travel here from the nineties?

I suddenly feel all nostalgic for fake Chinese language schools and chatting to girls in McDonalds for 400 an hour. :joy:

1 Like

They charge me a lot more than that.

3 Likes

No but there was a time bro. There was a time. :grandpa:

2 Likes

Now that the rona is gone anyone have any recommendations? I’d like to study for a year or maybe 2 if it’s possible.

I’m already in Taiwan but I have a broken knee so I’m not so mobile to go and check out campuses etc.

Thank you!

Do you still need a student visa like when you started this discussion or just looking for cheap language school?

Where in Taiwan?

Yeah I’d need to get a student visa as I want health insurance too. I would prefer to find one in the north/north east as that’s where all my friends are.
Thanks!