Cheapest long distance to US?

Hey,
I currently use 017 to call the US, and the rate varies from either 3.4 or 3.8 NT per minute, depending on what time I call. Someone told me that he uses 019 and gets a rate that’s something around 2 NT. Is this true? What number do you all use and what rate do you get?

I use 009. The wife says its the cheapest. If she says so it must be.

I use a phone card my wife recharges online.
you call a local number and type in about a million numbers. I havent figured out the per minute charge but I get 12 hours of calls to america for about a thousand nt.
If they have a special they will double the minutes. Last x-mas i got 48 hours of talking time for 2000 nt. If anyone is interested I will get the information and post it.

009 for me too, but wouldn’t “Skype Out” be the Cheapest by far!

Try to find out which way is cheaper from www.tealit.com

Here’s a link to Chunghwa Telecom’s site. It has the rates for 019 and 009. Looks like 019 is the cheapest, at least to the States.
eyp.com.tw/rates/index.php?lang=eng

[quote=“djm409”]Hey,
I currently use 017 to call the US, and the rate varies from either 3.4 or 3.8 NT per minute, depending on what time I call. Someone told me that he uses 019 and gets a rate that’s something around 2 NT. Is this true? What number do you all use and what rate do you get?[/quote]

Skype…